Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Is All the Ammo Being Bought by Gov?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Impractical to use hollow point ammunition for target shooting or training.
    Not when you have unlimited funds. If I ever hit the lottery I will never fire another round of ball for the rest of my life. Premium self defense ammo.

Illegal to use hollow point in international war (against Geneva Convention).
    Not true.

Default Also

Quote Originally Posted by hambone View Post
    Rmember these words,,.... "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful,just as strong, just as well-funded."
    "Million Man Army"

Whatever Happened to Obama’s Million Man Army?

Do you remember president Obama's "Million Man Army Speech"? Will, I have not since, due to the declaration of our country being in a "state of emergency" due to the "pending H1N1 crisis", president Obama ("Obama") due to provisions of the Patriot Act has the "right" to declare martial law for any reason or no reason. You should read the CURRENT official U.S. "martial law act". It is all encompassing and gives Obama the power of an absolute dictator (if he wants it). I was concerned when "H1N1" seemd to come out of nowhere, few actual illnesses occurred and the state of emergency approved by congress did not have a "sunset provision" (they usually do) plus it did not specifically name H1N1 as the reason for the state of emergency. I then recalled the short-lived Green Czar job of Van Jones. Mr. Jones is still around. Supposedly, he still has an office in the White House and is there almost every day.

I uncovered a "story" from a newspaper meant for prisoners of San Quentin. Written and edited by the prisoners. Moslty boring news like "the party in cell block B last night". The on-line copy of the newspaper is difficult to find but it is on the Internet for all to read. They write families of inmates like to read it. Well, an issue from last April contained a summary of a speech given by Van Jones to a group of inmates. I learned he had given the same speech to inmates in many prisons before reaching San Quentin. Mr. Jones is either a convicted felon or has been charged with felonies. He HAS spent time as an imate. It says that in his on-line bio.

IAt the time I wondered what experience and training Mr. Jones might have to qualify for the newlt created post of Green Czar"? This was during a period when Obama was appointing czars almost daily. It seemed so many czars with the same responsibilities as congress and other government departments and agencies it appeared we'd soon have no need for a government other than one made up of President Obama plus a multitude of czars following his orders.

I then remembered his (then) recent "Million Man Army" speech and put two and two together. I also made some guesses (JUST my own guesses so accuracy is caveat emptor. I could and am probably totally wrong). I wrote it all up, added video of his speech and published it at www.yantis.us/vj.htm Wow! Later that same day it was on the Glenn Beck show! The fur flew (including mine – I was the subject of "communication" for a few weeks causing me concern.

The uproar ended with the firing of Van Jones. That did not accomplish much as he was immediately put on the payroll of a George Soros organization with a BIG raise compared to his short-lived White House job. What is he doing now? I have no idea but he still shows up for "work". I live but ten miles from the largest number of high security prisons in the United States in one area (Leavenworth Kansas) so it does continue to concern me. Read what I posted if you wish then draw your own conclusions. Is the "million man army" just a much enlarged Peace Corp? Having read about Van Jones at a White House meeting recently I thought I'd submit this now relatively old story for consideration to be published in this new great Web site.

http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2011/...my-397050.html

Quote Originally Posted by CryingFreeman View Post
    Not when you have unlimited funds. If I ever hit the lottery I will never fire another round of ball for the rest of my life. Premium self defense ammo.

Not true.
    Validation on the G.C. part?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

How many people are in prison and can they all be armed to do TPTB's will if they were all released onto the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Exactly how many years does it take to shoot-up 750,000 rounds?
    I guess it depends on your # of shooters and how much you practice, now wouldn't it. This is getting worked into a froth over nothing, and it makes all of us look like Dale Gribble. There are things to be paranoid over this isn't one of them.
    Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan

Without disturbing anybody's OPSEC, I'd just say to give consideration to how much ammo Joe citizen used to stock vs the rifle with 1K ammo that all those many folks have now. .gov is just playing catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nframe View Post
    I guess it depends on your # of shooters and how much you practice, now wouldn't it. This is getting worked into a froth over nothing, and it makes all of us look like Dale Gribble. There are things to be paranoid over this isn't one of them.
    I'm disappointed that you did not include the #s that would have put me at ease
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

sunny225 Guest

Was the actual number, total, 750,000 or 750 million rounds of ammo? Does anyone know?
    This article says 750 million rounds. That's a way larger number than 750,000!

This is good, I have a 9 mil that eats that same brand

Thumbs up Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    I feel honored that they want to shoot us with the very best ammunition and not the cheap imported surplus stuff.
    I totally agree!