Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Union Creek Journal

That was not a walkaway event........cool play on words Mud.

Follow the Swamp Rats as they prepare to defend themselves against General Wei and his blue-helmeted U.N. troops.

Enjoy!

And a good time was had by............some.

Hate swamps, Like northern Michigan woods. I stay out of the cedar swamps.

Is management consulting a valuable skill in a post-apocalyptic world? Find out in Synergy today.

Enjoy!

Follow Wei of the Swamp today in The Journal.

Enjoy!

Great two chapters Mud.

Balance. Good balance.

Took notes on the first one.

Years ago, I was Mr. J. Wayne that was agonna take on the bad boys by myself.

Then a much smarter man than I on another forum, Big Wave Dave finally pounded sense into me with........get this...........LOGIC!

I finally turned the corner and there it was.....community!

Without connections and community of some type we would be lost.

I'm a Free Man today in The Journal.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Without connections and community of some type we would be lost.
    Indeed we would.

It's a Catch 22 trying to rebuild civilization.

Enjoy!

A couple of things Mud. BTW, good post.
    First IIRC, it was the Puritans in the first years that had a 'communal' organization........that failed. Everything they did was by groups. Farming, woodworking etc.
    But what happened was hinted at in the first of your story. The lessers wanted what the others had, but didn't want to work for it. Once they divided the work load into separate 'farm families' success was theirs. There was abundance of things, especially food.
    IMO, our 'civilization' will appear like those early days of the white man living in the wilderness. They had no one but themselves to depend on and it was either sink........or die from the get go.
    They were fortunate (not really, lost a lot of the people) in those first years.

The second thing: I was an instructor at our local academy that serviced 3 counties for instruction of in service officers and of course the rookie schools as well.
    The director, a former chief of police ( I also knew him as a captain on our dept) that I called the 'far thinker'.

He was constantly researching things to make the school better. Whether it was to find new classes for the troops or how to invest the monies (few times there was a surplus) for things like capital improvements on the building to buying classroom materials, etc.

My point in that was he had some of us (me included) that made sure the classes were happening and instructors lined up, etc and he did the 'far thinking'.
    Many times I saw him in his office with his feet up and appeared to be dozing but I knew that his mind was working over his 'far thoughts'.

Since discovering this, I found that I tried to run our household the same way.
    There has to be that division or you end up just taking care of the alligators that our biting your butt and not paying attention to the process of draining the swamp.
    Thanks for listening to my long windedness.