Thread: The Gettysburg Address---By Abraham Lincoln

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Great Plains of one of the Dakotas...

Smile

The casting in Gods and Generals was excellent and it really is one of the best movies ever..It was hardly ever out in theateres up here except a few and only a few weeks. I bought my own copy to teach my children from..They are in Grade School, and we've watched it and taught them with it...It is amazing to me that Ted Turner funded that whole deal from my understanding. I think that he did a good deed by doing that...He must be a southerner himself...I am watching Gettysburg right now, and, I miss seeing Lang and Duvall in the casting of this one, and also Jeff Daniels not in this one.
    Anyhow, do many sentiments run still in the South that they are "occupied"? Up here in the "North" I would imagine most here don't really understand in their hearts about that war in the same way as anyone who lives and grew up in any of the southern states. Anyhow, this may belong elsewhere? Is there a book "Gods and Generals"? I would like to get a copy. I still think there is a different element of genteel-ness that is not up here.
    Thx for the posts and the information. I had never read the Gettysburg Address until now. Always something to learn.
    Last edited by Dahlia; 04-24-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: wrong name of actor