Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found a source for NON GMO..

Default Has anyone found a source for NON GMO..

This is important to me. I use cornstarch in a lot of things and I cannot find NON GMO CORNSTARCH. Does anyone have a source?? thanks very much, AL

I buy Bob's Red Mill cornstarch. I have to buy it by the case because the grocery store orders it special for me, but it is non-GMO. it comes in bags. If you have a whole foods near you, you might check there?

Also, arrowroot powder is a subsitute for cornstarch that would be non-GMO....but it's pricey!
    We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

"I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering...to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people." Grover Cleveland

http://www.amazon.com/Rapunzel-Pure-...6116105&sr=8-2

That is the brand that I use. I buy it from Azure Standard though.

I buy a lot of Bob's Red Mill products, but our stores don't carry the cornstarch. I didn't realize that arrowroot was the same thing. Although I have used it in the past. thanks very much for the help. It is definitely something I want to stack up on. and to give to my children too. Blessings to all, AL

Arrowroot works well but will sometimes give milk a slimy texture. I haven't figured out why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. If I remember correctly arrowroot is supposed to be a lot easier to digest.

We either use flour for thickening or Arrowroot, can't trust corn starch not to be contaminated by GMO :o(
    Contentment is NOT the fufillment of what you want but the realization of how much you already have.

I just made a filling for boston cream pie (my DD cannot have milk or wheat, so used Bob's Red Mill Vanilla Cake mix.) I added almond milk in place of the milk for the filling and it came out very well. But I keep looking for the NON-GMO and cannot find it. I really don't want to shell out shipping charges. (just paid for my health insurance today....good grief....the shock is enough to do an old lady in.) AL

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader1 View Post
    We either use flour for thickening or Arrowroot, can't trust corn starch not to be contaminated by GMO :o(
    I know and I worry, but I cannot even find arrowroot here. My mother used to use it all the time. Well, I will look every time I go into a store. If I find it anywhere, I'll give ya'll a holler. AL

I have a tapioca starch that I use in place of corn starch. I hardly ever need it, but it works just fine.

Thanks Stella Blue, I did see that on the Bob's Red Mill Isle at the main grocery store that we visit each week. I will go back and get it. It will ease my mind a bit. I don't use much at a time but still, I want to avoid GM if at all possible. (by the way, I picked up Jello cook vanilla pudding and read the label last week and it said it has GMO corn in it. I was shocked. I don't know why....but it did shock me. I don't use anything boxed or canned very often (except for preps), but jello to me is kind of like holy moley a kid thing...you know what I mean?? AL