Thread: GMO's, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP in Survival food

Default GMO's, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP in Survival food

Does anyone know if any of the commercially available storage foods (Mountain house, Alpine Air, Thrive...even the LDS canneries) use foods that have GMO's, or High Fructose Corn Syrup? Or any other potentially harmful food ingredients?

Thanks!!!
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

every store bought MRE type thing i have ever read the ingredients of has been filled with stuff i cant pronounce or spell. considering that over 90% of soybeans and 70% of corn grown here is GMO, i would say its a good bet they have GMO products in them as well..

Thanks Dilligaf (I think!)...
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yes, I'd say they have GMO and HFCS in their ingredience, plus as mentioned many, others just as bad.

The only way, and even then there is still room for contamination by GMO crops in your area, is to grow,can, dehydrate and cook with your own home grown ingredience and the items you can't grow yourself do your work and research even Organic producers throughly.
    Contentment is NOT the fufillment of what you want but the realization of how much you already have.

I read all the labels and avoid everything unmentionable when I can. The rest....I am telling myself that it cannot be helped. Better not to starve. But, I pray it isn't going into our babies. their milk, drinks, vitamins and food. I think based on everything that is going on today after reading Drudge, that I can't even stand to listen to the news anymore either. I KNOW GOD listens to everything that is going on and we must continue to have faith that HE WILL take care of those who are destroying life the way we know it. AL

A lot use TVP also. No thanks. I'll stick to canned and rotations.
    Psalm 51
    “Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
    - George Washington

We freeze or dehydrate our foods to avoid overheating them by canning (since they have to be heated again before eating...). Our back up generator (auto relay switch) ensures our fridges/freezer don't lose power in outages. That said, with most dehydrated foods having a shelf life nutritional value of approximately one year, I am going to do some research into more efficient storage. I think having a lot of homemade jerky would be good, too. BTW we grow almost all the veggies we eat, local organic fruit (what we aren't growing), and we fish/hunt/crab/shrimp/clam/harvest oysters... I do have some organic canned veggies, for emergencies. I don't use processed sugar, avoid all corn syrup, and all processed foods. Yes, I cook from scratch. It would be good for everyone to be very familiar with which wild edibles are safe to eat, too. I am working on that, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAcres View Post
    We freeze or dehydrate our foods to avoid overheating them by canning (since they have to be heated again before eating...). Our back up generator (auto relay switch) ensures our fridges/freezer don't lose power in outages. That said, with most dehydrated foods having a shelf life nutritional value of approximately one year, I am going to do some research into more efficient storage. I think having a lot of homemade jerky would be good, too. BTW we grow almost all the veggies we eat, local organic fruit (what we aren't growing), and we fish/hunt/crab/shrimp/clam/harvest oysters... I do have some organic canned veggies, for emergencies. I don't use processed sugar, avoid all corn syrup, and all processed foods. Yes, I cook from scratch. It would be good for everyone to be very familiar with which wild edibles are safe to eat, too. I am working on that, myself.
    I have listened to Linda and her book has a wealth of information.
    http://www.ofthefield.com/