Thread: List of links for canning basics, recipes, etc....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great info! Thank you all for the education in this matter. I've never canned before, but I am getting increasingly aware of it's need! Thanks again!

Lots of old cookbooks to download.

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/loccs/tx

She

Has anyone canned meat from the freezer without defrosting it? Everything I read says to defrost it first but doesn't say why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyapple View Post
    Has anyone canned meat from the freezer without defrosting it? Everything I read says to defrost it first but doesn't say why.
    nope can't do it. it must be defrosted, you can raw pack, but not frozen. the best way t ocan up meat is to thaw it out. it is really the only way.
    then can, following the canning instructions.
    momof23goats

Default List should be a sticky...

Boy it would be nice mods if a linky could be made for canning recipes, Any one else? just for links for canning ang canning recipes??

Nice list Minnie!!
    Chains of habit are too light to be felt, until they are too heavy to be broken

Nothing happens unexpectedly, everything has an indication, we just have to observe the connections." Also... the more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!

Ok mom. What about already cooked frozen meat? Can that be defrosted and canned?
    Does it need to be heated again?

Well, I just went ahead and did it anyway. Thawed some frozen cooked stew beef - chopped it into smaller pieces and added cans of diced tomatoes. Boiled it up for a awhile and then canned it. Almost ready to take it out of the canner.

Thanks to all of you for your advice - my latest batch - yesterday - canned ground beef - came out perfectly. Clean and with no failed seals.

Default Canning Site

These folks have an amazing selection of canning and food preservation goods.

www.canningpantry.com