Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any help for Psoriasis on fingers??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any help for Psoriasis on fingers??

Sorry to bother you. I am having great issues with psoriasis on my fingers. I have it in other places and I can deal with it, but on my hands the issue is horrible to say the least. I have had all manner of lotions, etc. and both prescriptions and over the counter meds. to no avail. If you know of something that REALLY works, I would appreciate your help. AL

Our Dr. told us to rub olive oil into the spots a couple of times a day & right before bedtime. This cleared up all the p spots on gson who had it bad. Nothing else has worked for him.

Try Desitin Diaper Rash cream at night and cover with cotton gloves. Do this every night for about a week to see if it will help,
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

woops
    Last edited by DunDunDuuun; 08-15-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Two posts showed up somehow.

We have found these things very helpful for eczema. I don't know if they will help you, but you should at least try the first two.

NAPCA spray http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Na-PCA-...7-ml/2419?at=0 ( I have a code you can use to get 5 dollars off your purchase if you want it. iHerb has been a very reliable place for us to order from.) Apply it after washing/soaking, followed by moisturizing.

It also comes w/ Aloe, but I cannot vouche for it, as I've never tried it.

CeraVe - An absolute MUST try for you. It is now available at Walmart, and hands down the BEST moisturizer ever, and I have tried nearly all of them. In the pump, not in the tub. Stuff in the tub I don't like so much.

Dead Sea Salt - soak affected areas (in our case, it's a whole body!) Helps a lot. We get ours here b/c they have free shipping specials all the time.

Epsom Salt - is supposed to be helpful, as well. I haven't tried it yet.

Raw Shea Butter - somehow, this stuff calms the itch, and does wonders clearing up the bad patches my baby gets. I get mine here:http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Butters-c-211.html

I also use their cocobutter. They also sell nifty jars, and you can mix up your own concoctions, which I have started doing. The shea-coco-rosehip seed combo is working nicely.

Rose Hip Seed Oil - http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Rose-...0-ml/1147?at=0

Evening Primrose Oil - http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Eveni...18-ml/903?at=0

Aquaphor

Eucerin

The links I provided are from the places we purchase stuff. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere, but iHerb is a good place to check out comments, to see what the consensus is on products.

I hope you find relief soon.

OH - don't wash your hands w/ regular soap. Use Eucerin (but I think they changed the branding to Aquaphor) Baby Wash. I can only find it at Babies R Us. They have gone & added chamomile & some junk to it, so be careful if you are allergic to ragweed.

Keep the humidity in your house high. If you can't do a humidifier, boiling a pot of water a few times a day will work. But don't use a good pot, b/c it's going to leave an icky residue.

Zinc Cream - this is helpful, as well. I found some at Rite Aid (Rite Aid brand - it was the best, ingredient wise). This is probably the principle behind Desitin.

Also, I would try coating your hands w/ Aquaphor, and sleeping in cotton gloves or socks. Or if you decide to mix up some of your own stuff, a shea-coco-rosehip seed-and whatever else oil works VERY well sleeping in. (covered w/ socks and/or gloves)

Tippy is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Try products from these sites:

http://www.drwheatgrass.com/

http://www.alabu.com/

They've worked for my eczema when nothing else would. Pure shea butter is good too. Also, be careful what kind of soap you use. Try to use something all-natural with no "chemicals," like goat's milk soap or castile soap. That goes for hand soap and shower soap. Watch your shampoo/conditioner ingredients too. Also try to use a natural household cleaner and dish soap.
    God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
    Therefore we will not fear,
    though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
    --Psalm 46:1-2

Similar to the Olive Oil suggestion above, we rub a little organic coconut oil on any skin related problems.

My daughter has ecsema and allergies and I found that if she takes a "Primadophilus Original" (pill)- it really helps her from the inside out. It is an acidophilus this particular one has to be kept refrigerated to keep the yeast alive.. But, if you google this and the either allergies and ecsema it can explain how it works on the inside. I got it originally for me to help with acide reflux..

Default the first thing that popped into my mind " Olive Oil"

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Our Dr. told us to rub olive oil into the spots a couple of times a day & right before bedtime. This cleared up all the p spots on gson who had it bad. Nothing else has worked for him.

I have never heard of this remedy , but as soon as I saw the question that is the first thing that popped into my mind " Olive Oil"

I will try I as I have a bit of it on my hands, usually my knuckles from trauma incurred with use.

Have you seen a good homeopath?

I would look for someone who graduated from the Portland school- I think there are still only three naturopathic colleges in the US- Portland docs are all over the country-

Homeopathy is excellent for allergies and skin eruptions.

The juice from violas, aka johnny jump-ups, is supposed to be good for skin issues as well.

Bless up.