Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Any help for Psoriasis on fingers??

I bought mediterranian oregano oil at the health food store yesterday. Very expensive, but short of going to the Dr., I thought I'd give it another go. She looked at my thumbs and said one drop on each thumb per morning and night. If that doesn't work. Two drops in water twice a day. I have about 10 things I have tried now. Groan. AL

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    I bought mediterranian oregano oil at the health food store yesterday. Very expensive, but short of going to the Dr., I thought I'd give it another go. She looked at my thumbs and said one drop on each thumb per morning and night. If that doesn't work. Two drops in water twice a day. I have about 10 things I have tried now. Groan. AL
    Why mediteranian?
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Why mediteranian?
    It is a natural homeopathic store and she had three kinds of oregano oil. I picked up one thinking they were all the same and she asked me what I wanted it for, so I showed her my thumbs. She said not the one I had in my hand and went behind her counter and came out with one that says mediteranian oregano oil and boy is it strong. My poor face has it too so I put one drop on my finger and put it on my face (my eyes ran and I couldn't breathe). Guess I won't do that again. But my thumbs are still ok one minute and the next they are a mess!! Hurt like the dickens most of the time....other times they look smooth and pink like a baby's bottom. Go figure. I can't understand what is going on. I have used three different antibiotic creams. two different anti-fungal creams. Plus three psoriasis creams. Nothing working. But one day they will end up being just fine....I know it. AL

It is a natural homeopathic store and she had three kinds of oregano oil. I picked up one thinking they were all the same and she asked me what I wanted it for, so I showed her my thumbs. She said not the one I had in my hand and went behind her counter and came out with one that says mediteranian oregano oil and boy is it strong. My poor face has it too so I put one drop on my finger and put it on my face (my eyes ran and I couldn't breathe). Guess I won't do that again. But my thumbs are still ok one minute and the next they are a mess!! Hurt like the dickens most of the time....other times they look smooth and pink like a baby's bottom. Go figure. I can't understand what is going on. I have used three different antibiotic creams. two different anti-fungal creams. Plus three psoriasis creams. Nothing working. But one day they will end up being just fine....I know it. AL
    Ouch. Have you tried regular oregano oil?

Have you tried any diet changes to see if that helped? Like eliminating sugar, whey, and gluten?
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Ouch. Have you tried regular oregano oil?

Have you tried any diet changes to see if that helped? Like eliminating sugar, whey, and gluten?
    Hi Emily, I don't use sugar...haven't for a long time just trying to keep weight down. Usually do not have anything with gluten in it for myself tho' I do make bread for hubby. I know spagetti sauce/pizza kills my stomach. So, one of the spices or more hurt me terribly because I love tomatos from the market and they are ok. Make lots of salads and usually use just balsamic vinegar (I love vinegar). I don't eat cheese or yogurt but I do use almond milk to make smoothies with fruit especially with strawberries and cranberries together. AL

Hi Emily, I don't use sugar...haven't for a long time just trying to keep weight down. Usually do not have anything with gluten in it for myself tho' I do make bread for hubby. I know spagetti sauce/pizza kills my stomach. So, one of the spices or more hurt me terribly because I love tomatos from the market and they are ok. Make lots of salads and usually use just balsamic vinegar (I love vinegar). I don't eat cheese or yogurt but I do use almond milk to make smoothies with fruit especially with strawberries and cranberries together. AL
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I figured you would have already taken that step, just thought I would ask.

I wish I had an answer for you dear one. I will keep you in prayer, as always.

In His love,
    Em

I use Fuqingsong Relief Cream and it's fantastic. I have a friend in Maine who gets dermatitis under her wedding ring = worked like a charm for her.

I give it to anyone I know who has skin issues of any kind....dermatitis, eczema, etc. Even burns, poison ivy/oak or insect bites.

I'll mail order a box of 50 tubes from a Chinese herb store in NYC. If you're interested I'll look up their address and phone #. They don't speak English very well, but they're very nice.

Or PM me and I'll send just you a tube. Seems easier that way.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

I have suffered with palmar-plantar psoriasis (hand and foot, the rarest kind) for many years now. Like you, I have tried all the OTC stuff, the herbs, the dermatology consults and prescriptions, the naturopaths....done it all (except never tried olive oil but I will!) Alas, so far, nothing has worked perfectly for me or given me a permanent cure.

My psoriasis comes and goes and I have learned that the best I can expect is to "manage" it as best I can so that it impacts my life in a negative way as little as possible. I do know that alcohol and chocolate are both things that will flare it up bigtime, so I stay away from those. Stress is the number one flare up maker, bigtime! I wish I could say I stay away from stress too, but that just isn't happening! LOL. Life is just plain stressful sometimes, and these days, more times than not.

I know that sunlight does help (it's the UV light) and I make sure to get a half hour a day directly on the effected areas in the summer months. Sometimes dermatologists will still use UV light in the office a couple times a week if it is really bad and nothing else works, but most of them don't like to these days due to increased risk of skin cancer....they want to try meds first and use UV only as a last resort. But I'm not keen on taking meds anyway, and these meds....well....I read the drug manual and I really don't want to fry my liver trying to manage my skin problems, thank you very much, so I just go for the sunshine and home treatment these days and avoid that entire scene....been there done that. If it were over a greater portion of my body, I might feel differently, but mine has always been limited to only my hands and feet. I think that if I were in that situation (over my entire body), I would probably try a tanning booth and take my chances with skin cancer before I would take the oral meds. But that is just me.

A couple of dunks in the Dead Sea on a tour of Israel several years ago cured me for a couple years. Literally! I was amazed. I had the scald marks (scarring) on my skin where it had been, but the actual psoriasis was gone. But eventually it did come back. I certainly couldn't afford another trip to Israel (it had been my once in a lifetime vacation that I saved for years to take), so...next best thing, I tried the dead sea salt soaks....that was helpful, but not the same as the Dead Sea. There are oils in the Dead Sea that just aren't present in the salts. And while it sort of reduced the inflammation, it certainly didn't come close to getting a good handle on the problem. And it was expensive, having those salts shipped!

Then I found a product called "PsoHerba"......

It is a ointment made from plants that grow around the dead sea and it seems to work better for me than anything else. It is very expensive and I have to order it from Israel so I end up paying through the nose for shipping sometimes too, but it seems to consistently work better than anything else for me. It is not a complete cure, but it does keep things quite manageable...to an "almost healed" state as long as I apply it twice daily. It certainly works better than anything else I have tried. If I slack off and don't apply it twice daily, my psoriasis flares up, with peeling, cracking, bleeding, red and raw and angry, and always painful....ugh..... you know the experience.

And no, I do not own stock, make any money from, or in any other way have any ties to the folks that make PsoHerba. I just have benefitted from the product and am passing along my experience. I know how miserable psoriasis can be. Anyway, if you do decide to try it, beware that you may not see real results for a couple weeks. It takes a while to work.

And a little tip:
    When I'm really flared up.... from food, from stress, from chlorine in the pool, or just because I get sloppy about twice daily care (or who knows why), I will apply the PsoHerba extra heavy and then apply saran wrap over it (yes, I literally wrap my hands and feet in saran wrap) and put cotton socks and gloves on over that and leave them on overnight. It shows remarkable healing by morning! Two or three days of that and it is in control again. The saran wrap increases the absorption, I think, though I do not know that for sure. Whatever it does, it works for those emergency times when things are really, really bad.

One thing you definitely need to know....with psoriasis, you never ever want to use a topical steroid because you get a rebound effect. It might take the inflammation down temporarily so you think it is working, but later, the inflammation comes back with a vengence and you will have a huge nasty flare worse than the original problem. Probably, your prednisone for your upper respiratory infection is what flared up your hands....but what are you gonna do, you gotta be able to breathe too.... :( (Been there, done that...no choice sometimes.)

Sorry you are dealing with this...it sux, I know. Psoriasis is a bugger.

I may be totally wrong about this, but I would suggest that your contact Tropical Traditions and see if their virgin coconut oil could be of help. It is natural and you can ingest coconut oil as well as use as a topical treatment.

Contact them; you have nothing to lose: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/
    Don't wait to prep when there is an emergency - it's too late.

Thank you prepGirl. I too had it leave when I had a vacation (l in my life in the sea at the Bahamas). Gone....for about two weeks total. Oh my what a relief. (I even went down and brought jugs of sewater home as we live near the atlantic ocean.) It did nothing at all. Stress is indeed the horror trigger. I don't drink and hardly ever have any chocolate. But when I had the cortizone to breathe..two or three days later my hands flared up. Now I cannot get rid of it. My face too which usually doesn't get too bad until this time. (I am not in the least vain, so that is good, but I don't like to see people give me "that look". I think I mentioned once that a co-worker told me to go home and "sleep it off". The idiot!!! I have a strict dislike of alcohol because of living around alcoholics all my life. The deramatologist put me on heavy anti-biotics that time. I had no choice. It did work to fix the face. but they are extremely expensive and are not covered under our insurance. So, I have been trying to do it on my own. I will try the Pro-Serba and the Coconut oil. (that one will be easy to get). There has to be an answer somewhere thank you everyone. AL