Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any help for Psoriasis on fingers??

When my wife and I were looking into the GFCF diet for Jr, we came across some things that pointed to many skin conditions coming about due to an allergy to Gluten... Psoriasis and Excema (<----?) were both mentioned as having roots in a Gluten allergy. Headaches are up there too... It is amazing what a slight over growth can do to the body....

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Hi Mr. & Mrs. Ferris. I have done the gluten free thing for a long time as my DD is celiac and a vegetarian who does eat organic eggs and fish. Thankfully. It didn't seem to help. I am going to try the tumeric and also I am going to get some anti-fungal on Thursday when we go into the city. I cannot think of anything else to do. I am not worried about the looks...It is the splitting and bleeding which of course, I keep covered. It is not nice to see anyone with this problem. Tho' I recognize it on others (my face is starting up again too but olive oil does seem to work on that). I spent a lot of money on dermatologist and medicines that have not helped. So the last thing I can think to do is the anti-fungal route just in case the Dr. was not right. I will let you all know if that works. I truly appreciate everyone trying. I remember my mother having it when I was a very small child but she got over it. My grammy had it on her arms and I put salve on for her every day and bandaged her with gauze daily. It went away all on its' own when she was about 65 and she was still working at her regular job so that wasn't the problem. Thanks all. AL

Default the first thing that popped into my mind " Olive Oil"

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Our Dr. told us to rub olive oil into the spots a couple of times a day & right before bedtime. This cleared up all the p spots on gson who had it bad. Nothing else has worked for him.

I have never heard of this remedy , but as soon as I saw the question that is the first thing that popped into my mind " Olive Oil"

I will try I as I have a bit of it on my hands, usually my knuckles from trauma incurred with use.

Have you seen a good homeopath?

I would look for someone who graduated from the Portland school- I think there are still only three naturopathic colleges in the US- Portland docs are all over the country-

Homeopathy is excellent for allergies and skin eruptions.

The juice from violas, aka johnny jump-ups, is supposed to be good for skin issues as well.

Bless up.

Also, splits in the skin are sometimes caused by deficiencies in B vitamins.

I just got a crack around a foot callous- about and inch long and a quarter inch deep- I've been keeping comfrey tea and aloe vera (switching back and forth) on it- seems to be helping-

On the hands-

OUCH!

Sympathy.

AL, if your skin is cracked and bleeding, you want to make sure you're not risking a secondary infection, which will just make things worse and delay healing. You might want to put some antibiotic ointment on the cracked areas to see if you can get the injured areas closed up, but I understand that the underlying psoriasis still needs to be dealt with. Psoriasis does run in families, as it is an inflammatory/autoimmune disorder, and unfortunately for people with such disorders, if you have one of them you often can have more than one. It is not the same as eczema, ringworm, or dermatitis. Also, there is a specific type of arthritis related to psoriasis - have you been evaluated for that? That type of psoriasis would be treated by a rheumatologist rather than a dermatologist.

I have heard of people using vinegar on cracked, chapped hands, but I don't know how that would work for true psoriasis. I will look for a link describing a combination of four supplements said to reduce inflammation and will post the info if I can find it. Also, when you saw an improvement after going on vacation, it could have been due to two things. One, stress reduction. And two, exposure to UV light (sunshine.)

I'm sorry that you are suffering with this, and hope you can find a remedy soon.

Thank you Cache...I just got some fungal med today (storebought) and some triple antibiotic lotion in a tube. I will do the fungal stuff first (it says for 4 weeks ...eek). I am running out of ideas. When I do sculpting figurines now I use the finger cots because gloves are all too big and bandaids leave marks on the clay. It is so odd. It does not spread (thank you dear LORD). But it just will not get better!! My face has popped up with it again too so it is back to the olive oil for that. It worked the last time. But not for my hands. All help will be most appreciated. You would think if we can go to the moon........ AL

Some have used the antibiotic Minocyline successfully. They say to open the capsule and make it into a paste with a few drops of water, leave it on overnight. Minocycline is available from Inhouse Pharmacy without a prescription. It's listed under Acne Treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by natty threads View Post
    Also, splits in the skin are sometimes caused by deficiencies in B vitamins.

I just got a crack around a foot callous- about and inch long and a quarter inch deep- I've been keeping comfrey tea and aloe vera (switching back and forth) on it- seems to be helping-

On the hands-

OUCH!

Sympathy.
    Oh Natty, I am Sorry you have this condition. It HAS to be extremely painful and feet like fingers are impossible to keep still and not keep opening up what I call fissures (sp?). I hope you can get it cured quickly. I cannot imagine what it feels like to try walking with that. God bless, AL

Guys... try getting some MSM and taking it (orally). It's a sulfur compound, and sulfur is hugely important for skin, nails, hair, etc...

It may not help, but it can't hurt to try. It's also really useful for those stiff, painful muscles we get as we get older..

Summerthyme