Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
Christie, I know there is expense and bother and worry but I hope you try again with the bees.

Why?

More than most here, you have experience with them. With all the news about our bees dying everywhere, some one, like you could make a difference.

I applaud all your efforts.
Thanks, but after (5) years Beekeeping, only over-wintering once successfully, was very disapppointing. This last Fall, I fully prepped my bees to make it, using all the proven methods. Screened Bottom Board, secondary ER exit/entrance (if Bottom Entrance becomes blocked), Fondant, Syrup in the Fall, Screened top Inner Cover, Airspace, etc... If I could have afforded it, I would have had 3 or 4 hives, not gambling on over-wintering just 1. Here the challenge is sustained wet weather, although we didn't have as much this past season. Yes, all through the season, I have healthy happy bees, but the Winter here is very hard on them and most suffer losses each year, too many, sadly. I will consider it as the season draws near to get bees, not sure if we can afford it... I don't lack equipment or hives, anyway.