Page 114 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1533

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Quote Originally Posted by joy50 View Post
    Bought 7 cases of quart size canning jars cheap. Now the big job, filling them up!
    I know JUST the woman who can do it....drumb roll, super Joy!

BrudderT- What a GREAT DEAL I sure enjoy all my cast iron, really enjoy cooking with it. Also, great to use on the wood stove.

I listed a new property for sale, yesterday. Nice folks and praying for a good sale for them! My laptop suffered hardware failure, so now using my desktop, slower, but grateful to have one working. The laptop is under warranty, so it will be covered, fortunately Still harvesting seeds, getting the garden ready for the Winter. Otherwise, transitioning to the changing weather. I took a walk today, started working out, and just need to start my daily lists.

Been outside working since 7 am this morning. Splitting wood on the dumped piles & hauling wood to the covered side .porch. Need to free up space for the wood we are cutting now to be dumped.

Wind is blowing something fierce. Black clouds rolling in.Temp keeps dropping.

I like to keep the wood mess in 1 area if I can.

I have 1 cord of swamp oak on the porch.
    1 cord of red oak.
    1/2 cord of catalpa.
    1 cord of elm.
    1 cord of hickory.
    A mixed row that is unknown wood . Dead trees from the woods .5 ft tall 13 ft long.

That should get me through the entire winter. If it doesnt than I will have to haul more from the stacked cords behind the house.

Turned the hot tub down some. It feels hot enough to cook pasta in.

Raked a gater load of winter pears & put them in with the pigs. Got another gater load & dumped them in front of the game camera back at the thicket edge.

Sometime yet today I have to haul home 3 of the 2000 lb round bales of corn shucks for the pigs.
    ?

dylanM- What a day you put in! Hope those pears net you some venison or ?

This morning, DH went on his regular bike ride, then we went to Church; then after returning home, took a hike in the woods to pick Chanterelle Mushrooms. Although few and far in between, we found enough for dinner. I heated up some bean stew I had made for the piggies, went out and got tomato cuttings to propagate (will grow them inside and plant in the Spring), picked a bunch of Kale, harvested some tomatoes out of the greenhouse, helped DH with the plumbing job (wood stove heats our water; needed a repair), cleaned out our woodstove, including the glass, and then put dinner (a bean stew for us) on the stove. Forgot to share we picked both blue and black "Wild Blueberries to eat" on the way back.
    Last edited by ChristieAcres; 11-13-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Yes venison. We put the game camera up to help id who the 2 does are that have small babys. Saw one on the camera with her baby.Now the 2nd doe needs to come get her picture taken also.

By studying the game pictures of the does hopefully when we go to hunt we will be able to pick out the 2 moms so we dont shoot them.

With our screwy weather we have seen 2 babys with spots .

The one doe has a very large odd shaped white patch on her neck.Easy to pick her out.

We do not hunt the thicket where the camera is . We consider it a safe area for them. Its only 9 acres of grass , honeysuckle bushes, pines. We feed the deer that bed in there if the winters get really bad.
    ?

Thanks for sharing that dylanM! I will certainly pass that on as it is a great idea :)

DH finished fixing the plumbing, so the wood stove is merrily heating away, our water included!

Canning a 9 point buck.

Son is salting the hide & freezing it until I can take it to be tanned Fri.
    ?

I am processing 54 pie pumpkins into puree for the freezer. I got them free--they were leftover from the church pumpkin patch. I did 3 other larger pie pumpkins last week so I figured out what to do. There are 13 in the oven cooking right now.
    He said to them,"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

Collecting deer tallow to make soap.

59 pint jars packed with deer. 1 whole loin left out for supper.
    ?

I waxed cheese for the first time, had fun and got it done. Now, I have about 8 loaves left to do!