Page 115 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1533

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Dropped 3 60+ feet ash trees and cut to fire wood length. Pickup couldn't stand one more log.
    Just have to split and stack..............ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    59 pint jars packed with deer. 1 whole loin left out for supper.
    Great kill and wow you are working hard Was hoping for Venison here, usually DH just stands on our back deck. Really deer proofing our garden and having a great watchdog...bye bye deer

Timbo, have fun! DH has been splitting for his parents and should be about done with that now. He uses our hydraulic log splitter, he designed/built, so doesn't sweat splitting by hand unless they are smaller diameter.

Firewood = Stay in shape!

Today, canned 7 pts of Apple Chutney, 6 quarts & 1 pt of Applesauce, and dehydrated 9 trays of Banana Chips.

[quote=ChristieAcres;1716710]

Timbo, have fun! DH has been splitting for his parents and should be about done with that now. He uses our hydraulic log splitter, he designed/built, so doesn't sweat splitting by hand unless they are smaller diameter.

I can feel my age today you betcha!
    I have a hydraulic splitter my bro built probably now over 20 years ago. We just rebuilt part of the carb on the kohler engine and it's running.......well it can split more logs than I wanna do at one time!

Heading down to my widow neighbor tomorrow. She has a pile of wood that needs to be cut to size and stacked. I'm sure she has over a cord of wood for me to work on.
    No splitting though. Just chain saw to length and stack. Her fireplace can burn unsplit stuff.

Default Dang, I wish I could find someone like you!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAcres View Post
    Great kill and wow you are working hard Was hoping for Venison here, usually DH just stands on our back deck. Really deer proofing our garden and having a great watchdog...bye bye deer

Today, canned 7 pts of Apple Chutney, 6 quarts & 1 pt of Applesauce, and dehydrated 9 trays of Banana Chips.
    I spent all the money I made working OT on preps; Nothing fancy, BDU's, boots and and knives. Long underwear worth wearing and good work socks set me back 150.00. Very excited about the new combat knife. Still working on finding my companion, have had a couple of responses, but I'm just not into spending the investment of emotional energy. I'm too old, too laid back, and too busy to care about supporting a newbie into my lifestyle. What a world I find myself in. Deconstructing one lesson at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHall View Post
    I spent all the money I made working OT on preps; Nothing fancy, BDU's, boots and and knives. Long underwear worth wearing and good work socks set me back 150.00. Very excited about the new combat knife. Still working on finding my companion, have had a couple of responses, but I'm just not into spending the investment of emotional energy. I'm too old, too laid back, and too busy to care about supporting a newbie into my lifestyle. What a world I find myself in. Deconstructing one lesson at a time.
    "Dang, I wish I could find someone like you"

2nd time I have heard this recently, thanks Be careful what you wish for... I'll say a prayer, duck and let God pick her out.

I'd say, tell yourself you don't need one... As my twin would say, "buy a boat..." My DH would say, "go to a garage sale..." I had decided I was allergic to men, bought a little project wooden boat, and needed a hitch assembly installed on my car. DH just went to my twin's garage sale and gave her his business card. She just called me up and gave me his number, so I could hire him to install the hitch. So, DH says it was "love at first sight," while I say, "he grew on me." We were married four months later. Oh, I never finished the boat project.

You just reminded me that I need another knife. The K-Bar I bought for myself... DH took one look at that sweet knife, I saw "that" expression, and handed it over. That is one thing, but I won't be sharing my new gun

Today I canned 5 pts and 3 qts. of meatball parmesan soup, 7 pts of meatloaf, made 2 loaves of bread and I still need to load up the dehydrator with veggies.

The other day my son and I picked up 2 1/2 cords of wood I traded yard work for and great tools! Some was split and some not, but mostly small logs. That backs up the rounds we are splitting by hand, no hydraulic splitter here. I do have a couple boys who can swing an ax though. :) Tonight after a nice homemade soup for dinner, I dried up a bunch of fresh Basil and then I also froze some rolled in a touch of olive oil for recipes. :) Every little bit helps! We also put up some plywood in front of some drafty floor height windows. Worked like a dream to keep our living room comfy. I figure three large picture windows are plenty. I would love to do away with those low windows....maybe we can work on that this Spring. :)
    As the sun sets over the water, the air is drenched with the nuances of honeysuckles mixed with other florals, roses plus pines and the waves kick up the deep water scents combined. It is my gift for a time to see this, through the windows of my realm....borrowed and quite treasured with every moment in time.

Have a lovely Day
    Romy
    Island Girl
    www.romysrealm.com
    www.kefirwellness.com
    www.romysrealm.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by joy50 View Post
    Today I canned 5 pts and 3 qts. of meatball parmesan soup, 7 pts of meatloaf, made 2 loaves of bread and I still need to load up the dehydrator with veggies.
    Great day, go joy50 Apple Chutney calling my name, once again. I may answer tomorrow... I still have a lot of Apples, so will be dehydrating some soon, too.

After cleaning house for the past few days, today was our early Thanksgiving Dinner. DH smoked the Turkey for a few hours, then we baked it in the oven until done, and I prepared a Green Bean Casserole (from our homegrown canned beans, Chanterelle Mushrooms, and I fried up onions dredged with flour, in Olive Oil), Yam Custard, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (I grew the Garlic, of course), homemade Butter Rolls, "Doogied" Eggs (DS renamed them when young as he considered the name disrespectful to God, so it stuck), homemade Banana Bread (1 loaf w/nuts and 1 loaf W/O). DH made a Fruit Salad and from scratch Apple Pie, using our Apples My MIL brought the Cranberry Salad (Cranberries, Orange, and ? in it), was delicious, also a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. Our guests included 2 of DH's sons, one girlfriend and one's DW, and my MIL & FIL. We all had a great time!

Picked out which tom turkey gets the axe tomorrow morning. Brought up another 2 gater loads of wood to porch.

8 year old nephew got his first buck this morn.His mom is bringing it over here chunked & I am going to show her how to can it.

Getting son's bags & food packed for Fri morn deer camp.He can take 6 & wife to be can take 6. Her dad & 2 sisters can each take 6 per person also.
    Hoping they can fill all their tags. I have 4 pressure canners & her mom has 2 & Ash has 1 of her own. 3 stoves between us. Get them canned right up.
    I am kicking myself for not buying more than 170 cases of pint jars when I found the $1 deal on them.Quarts are to big for us now, but I do have 49 cases of new quarts in the hot tub room.
    ?

bought a simmons 3x9x40 scope with side install top mount rail and rings for the saiga.

also some serbian sp ammo for deer hunting.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."