Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1533

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Default What did I do to prep today?

Hopefully I planted the seed in 3 people's lives...

I've decided that what is coming is God's will..and all I can do is encourage and spread the good news. What preps I have-may not be for me at all.
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    thanks, Lori. My brother thanks you..
    Your welcome

Today, I met a business owner of a tea shop. She and I were chatting and I mentioned I was being asked to teach a canning class. Then, she practically begged me to teach the class there and wants to attend. I've been trying to encourage others to prepare for an earthquake and otherwise, keep praying... Sad to see so many with heads buried in the sand, so pray for them we must.

Soon, I have a date with cabbages...

Canned 9 pints of Chunky Marinara, got my hoop house closed up, most of the tomatoes nearly or already ripe picked, and picking up Liberty apples. We are picking Chanterelles tomorrow morning.

Was a very wet stormy days, so didn't pick mushrooms! However, I did continue and complete my canning after the power went out (generator kicks right on). Also, propane cooktop. I canned 7 pints of chunky tomatoes w/onions, garlic, spices, and a bay leaf in each jar. In addition, DH fixed our neighbor's generator, and was given 4 pkgs of buffalo meat w/a pkg of smoked salmon. I stayed in due to the weather, hope I can get out tomorrow to go hunt down some shrooms...

Still stormy here, here's a few jars (reg lids and Tattlers):

I took this pic in the afternoon, before we lost power...

that kinda looks like us, Lori. We've had almost 2 inches of rain between last night andit's still raining. SO glad I got all my outside stuff done yesterday so I can can applesauce today.

Good for you, making use of the interior time to escape the elements, therosary! Our forecast was worse weather today, but predicting weather in my area is very difficult. I am making and canning Liberty Apple/Asian Pear juice to use up the rest of the pears. The tomatoes may be finished today, also. We have a potluck to go to later this afternoon.

well, you know how it is, being up there in the pnw. Ihope this isn't the beginning of the rain for us...I still have things to do.

I just canned 7 quarts of Spiced Apple Pear Juice. It was my intention to can tomato soup today, but paying work took priority. The tomatoes went into the fridge. I also picked a big hot water bath canner pot full of tomatoes and a large stockpot full of Liberty Apples. Some are slated for Spiced Sweet Apple Cider.

Last night, made 2 gallons of un-spiced Sweet Apple Cider, now fermenting. Tonight, I made 1 gallon of Tomato Soup, which I will finish in the morning. I wanted to add fresh Basil and more Garlic.