Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1533

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Here is the fermenting Sweet Apple Cider (tasted it tonight, will be canning it tomorrow morning).

Now, below is my Spicy Tomato Basil Soup

Last week I bought DW a all american 921 canner. she loves it, canned 7 qts sausage & beans Sunday.
    The strongest reason for the
    people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
    is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
    against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

good job. I just got an older used All american and I LOVE it, too. You did good and you'll be the beneficiary of many good foods, smart man. lol

I have an AA 921 also. I'll be canning Dungeness Crab today! Winter Crabbing opened last week and we have been getting our limit almost every time.

Canned 20 1/2 pints of crab, now taking a week off to catch up with the rest of my canning.

Tonight, I canned 9 pints of Tomato Basil, 3 qts of Sweet Apple Cider, 1 (12oz) jar, also juiced 1.5 gallons of Apple Cider, now fermenting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAcres View Post
    Tonight, I canned 9 pints of Tomato Basil, 3 qts of Sweet Apple Cider, 1 (12oz) jar, also juiced 1.5 gallons of Apple Cider, now fermenting.
    Christie, great job !

Not to stifle your enthusiasm but... I'm thinking that there are a lot of people who might be thinking "Hmmm, my kids are starving and this woman, Christie Acres, who lives a few houses down or over in the next block, the next county, etc. has been canning all this food for years. She's told everyone everything she's been doing to prepare over the years. Maybe it's time I go and TAKE that food from her so I can feed my kids !"

Again, great job ! I admire your enthusiasm but... maybe it's just as prudent as prepping itself to be applying some rigid and calculated OPSEC ? After all, THERE WILL not only BE A LOT OF REALLY DESPERATE PEOPLE out there, once THTF, there will also be a lot of REALLY, REALLY BAD PEOPLE out there looking to prey on others and WHO WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY for their own selfish benefit.

I'm just say'n !!!

Quote Originally Posted by microcarl View Post
    Christie, great job !

Not to stifle your enthusiasm but... I'm thinking that there are a lot of people who might be thinking "Hmmm, my kids are starving and this woman, Christie Acres, who lives a few houses down or over in the next block, the next county, etc. has been canning all this food for years. She's told everyone everything she's been doing to prepare over the years. Maybe it's time I go and TAKE that food from her so I can feed my kids !"

Again, great job ! I admire your enthusiasm but... maybe it's just as prudent as prepping itself to be applying some rigid and calculated OPSEC ? After all, THERE WILL not only BE A LOT OF REALLY DESPERATE PEOPLE out there, once THTF, there will also be a lot of REALLY, REALLY BAD PEOPLE out there looking to prey on others and WHO WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY for their own selfish benefit.

I'm just say'n !!!
    You have made a great point, but your post should probably be directed at everyone here who is contributing to this thread.

I am a bit curious how posting on this thread is "telling everyone." Christie Acres isn't my name, is it?

You have made a great point, but your post should probably be directed at everyone here who is contributing to this thread.
    You are correct. I directed my comments at your post because you seem to be one of the more active. Nothing was meant by directing my comments toward your user name.

I am a bit curious how posting on this thread is "telling everyone." Christie Acres isn't my name, is it?
    While no one here probably know your real name, finding out who you are, for anyone who is savvy with the inner workings of the Internet and IP addressing, will easily find out exactly who you are, where you live and much more, about you, in a few key strokes - we are all vulnerable.

I know this because my oldest son, having years of military training and experience in Internet security, and a formal education in the field, can do exactly this. Thankfully, he has good character and morals and would not do anything like this to other people.

Unfortunately, Microcalr is probably correct...

You might note who *doesn't* post to these threads...

Summerthyme