Page 24 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Holy COW... this lady has some awesome recipes... gotta get my butt in gear and start canning... some of this stuff looked awesome
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganPatriot View Post
    We got the first shipment of out LDS order today!
    Bought more silver.
    Received my confirmation notice today stating 2 to 3 WEEKS before shipping - did yours take that long? Definitely a plan ahead purchase.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Cooked up 3#s of Chanterelle Mushrooms, will seal/freeze today. Our little "boaty" is now fixed, so we will be going fishing this weekend! Bottled up a year's supply of Comfrey Oil. Also, made up a year's worth of Comfrey Salve varieties. Today, I'll decide what to grow in my little greenhouse this Winter. I have herbs and leafy greens to choose from...

ChristieAcres, please post your instructions for the comfrey oil and salve and tell us how you use it. Please:)

MichiganPatriot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Received my confirmation notice today stating 2 to 3 WEEKS before shipping - did yours take that long? Definitely a plan ahead purchase.
    We put our order in online last Saturday, and part of it arrived yesterday, and the remainder was delivered today (Friday). Seems pretty quick!

Took delivery on nearly a ton of food.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

I just recently had my cc# stolen. I remember cleaning a few trojans off just before it happened. I'm now wondering if I still have a key logger on my system. So I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to protect my pc's. I'm going to format one of them and just use it to order things on-line then pull the cable from it. Despite being surrounded by hundreds of stores, none of them carry what I need.

The free utilities are good but real time protection is needed and that costs money. Take a look at a product called RoboForm. You click a mouse and your info is filled out. No typing required. So even if you have a software keylogger on your system it will get nothing. SpySweeper has a similar package protecting 3 pc's for $80. Pricey but what's your time worth?

I've got a Brickwall and a huge ups protecting my network and thought I was good to go but there's a lot more to it than that. And free utilities no longer cut it....

Went with my neighbor to his place in the woods and helped cut up about 4 rick of big firewood. Plan is to get several more rick cut, then get a splitter and spend a day splitting. All totaled, looks like we might get out with about 10 rick each by winter.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Also just finished putting up 14 12oz packages of homemade italian sausage and 12 1 pound packages of breakfast sausage in the freezidator

Glad I don't have to grind all that crap by hand!
    yet.....
    Thomas Payne

Went to Half-Price Saturday at Goodwill with DD.

We found two brand-new London Fog raincoats with zip-out liners--one in her size, one in mine. We paid $4 each.

May the Shopping Fairy be with you all and grant you bargains!

ETA: Looked up the raincoats online--they retail for better'n $100 each. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by cyberiot; 10-24-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein