Page 30 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Ten pints of homemade spaghetti sauce (with lots of meat) are now canned up and on the shelf. I have beans soaking for a double batch of navy bean soup which I will make and can tomorrow.

The grocery store trip netted me 10 lbs of flour, 2 bags of Skittles, 2 boxes of the long fireplace matches, and 3 jars of beef gravy.

Well this week one of our grocery stores had the large 6 oz toothpaste on sale for 99 cents, regularly $3 something, so picked up about 10 of them. This is an item we often don't think about so decided it would be a good prep item for this week!

Quote Originally Posted by I.C.O.E.B.G. View Post
    I really wish I lived out west were most of the stores cater to the LSD. The nearset LDs canary is over a hour an a half away. I'm not a member but I have resepect for the LDS and their preps.
    Nearest LDS Cannery is 3.5 hours I'd have to go to Minneapoplis/St. Paul, Omaha, or Kansas City for the nearest one.
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Reloaded my first rounds today for my favorite caliber. Not too hard and now I'll be able to keep that round in high numbers much cheaper!

Also got some good cheap Kobalt tools at Lowes yesterday - one never knows...

BTW - Tool guy at Lowes said something about a sale or something on Dremels. I may have to check that out. I'd like to have something small like that to polish feed ramps, knock off burrs, etc.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Hey mods.....

Thirty pages - why can't this be a sticky???? This is a great thread full of useful ongoing current info.

??? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Hey mods.....

Thirty pages - why can't this be a sticky???? This is a great thread full of useful ongoing current info.

??? Thanks.
    Outstanding idea, Lurker.

Done.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiot View Post
    Outstanding idea, Lurker.

Done.

BINGO!!!

Thanks! I went looking for this thread this morning and couldn't find it!!! DOH! Very cool, very cool. Now time to subscribe to it!!!

I just signed a lease for this house that I just moved into. The cable guy came a couple of days ago and he thought that it wasn't a house, but a "Bunker". He almost didn't drive up to it.

About 18" thick reinforced concrete, all of the basement and garage are underground, thick cement tiles on the roof. My basement 'echoes', it's kinda funny.

Now I just gotta unpack everything and set-up a hidey-hole in the downstairs catacombs, and I'm set.

And dinner is in the back yard, nice buck there two days ago.

BFC
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    ----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"
    ----------------------------------------------

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

Everyone needs a Dremel tool. You'll be surprised at what it can cut through.

I was going to hit the Thanksgiving sale at Microcenter and build another desktop. But looking forward in time, decided to keep everything small and lightweight. Went down for the mail the other night, around 1:00AM. A young couple came down with all their posessions loaded in that elevator. Bailing out in the middle of the night. His 99 weeks prolly ran out. It's going to become very common place.

I'll still be going to the sale but will be looking at laptop coolers and maybe mobile battery backup. Another idea is to buy a parabolic antenna and grab the free signal coming out of McD's or Starbucks.

Today I just took care of the animals and called it good.

Some days are like that.

Bless up!