Page 35 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Scored a Master Mechanic rotary tool today for $10!!! (basically a dremel). Has about 20 different tools and a dozen new sanding disks, the tools are used very little if at all. Already did some buffing on some small parts that needed it. A little oil on the chucks and some clean up and she's as good as new. Saved me about $60 from the one I was looking at.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Great score Lurker! Okay, so far, we have gone fishing... Outcome remains to be seen...going out again in a few hours!

I just got home from picking up 10# of ground beef for $13.99. The week before I thought the price was good at $14.95 for 10#. That round netted me 7 pints canned and 3 qts of meat loaf patties canned. This round will be 5-1# packs in the freezer and the rest canned in pints. I was wishing I had more money today as they had 10# bags of chicken leg quarters for $4.90. I used my last dollars in my wallet to get the ground beef. I hope prices stay down til next payday so I can really stock up and can a lot of meats.

gardengal

Default Where to scatter my ashes . . .

I am deliriously happy to announce that there is now a Honeyville Farms retail store five minutes from my house.

Yes, it is Prepper Heaven. Yes, I gave them a big chunk of business today. And yes, I will do so again next month (if there is a next month). No, I will never need to pay shipping and handling again.

I bask in your collective envy.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

too cool Cyber!

Yesterday on "Discount Squash Day" when all the pumpkins turn back into food....I bought a 15 lb Red Cinderella pumpkin for $2. Today I cut up and canned half of it as pumpkin cubes. Tomorrow there will be pie and puree for the freezer with the other half.
    "This is my Father's world.
    O let me ne'er forget
    that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Nope... I've never found a really good, crisp batter for onions. Might want to ask in the kitchen... and then I'll try any suggestions as well.

On the wheat... if it's whole wheat berries and you're going to be using it within a year or two, no need for O2 absorbers. Cracked, rolled or ground grains would benefit from them, though

Summerthyme
    what about Japanese teryaki batter?

(summerthyme giving cyberiot a big raspberry thppppppppppp!!!)

No, really- that's great. I wish we had ANY sort of decent source of local grains, beans, etc in bulk. My son did find one store where he lives (2 1/2 hours from us) that will order wheat, etc in 50# bags for decent prices. But that requires getting the money to him, having him order the stuff, and then having him haul it down to us....

Onion rings: I have found a commercial batter mix which works really well. I just wish I could find a recipe to duplicate it at home. I haven't ever made teriyaki... no idea what it's like.

Summerthyme

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiot View Post
    I am deliriously happy to announce that there is now a Honeyville Farms retail store five minutes from my house.

Yes, it is Prepper Heaven. Yes, I gave them a big chunk of business today. And yes, I will do so again next month (if there is a next month). No, I will never need to pay shipping and handling again.

I bask in your collective envy.
    BFC scratches his furry head....

"ain't their shippin always been $4.95 regardless of size order?"

BFC scratches again......
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    ----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BigFootsCousin View Post
    BFC scratches his furry head....

"ain't their shippin always been $4.95 regardless of size order?"

BFC scratches again......
    Newp, I was WRONG.

$4.49 Ships Your Entire Order!!!
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

BFC... yeah, but I'll bet their "in store" prices are a LOT lower... it's obvious they factor shipping into the price of the bags of stuff...

Summerthyme