Page 49 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    dylan, sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry........

Invested in more precious medal.....the stuff more precious than gold and silver.....

Emergency candle's on their way.

New battery in the rechargeable flashlight.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Added some more Epson salts, isopropyl alcohol, antibiotic cream, bengay rub,toothpaste, vaselene,got hubby one of his xmas presents. A micro trimmer for those hairy ears of his lol
    Got a free 24lb turkey yesterday.
    added more coffee and some frozen veggies to dehydrate
    tried out a couple more recipes made from just the preps on the hubby. Just to get him used to them.He liked them so I'll be adding them to the rotation of the recipes I use.

Just finished shredding and dehydrating the last batch from the 32 heads of cabbage I bought last week.

Also just put ten pounds of organic carrots with onions and garlic into the oven to bake. They will be pureed and added to my split pea soup. Really good with homemade egg noodles.

Have more carrots to slice and dehydrate but my aching carcass has to be done for the day.

Still have lots of potatoes to can and a huge pile of pumpkins to do whatever with. But those will keep a while longer.

Also finished knitting my orange hat to wear when I am raking leaves during hunting season.

Carol

trying to make room in my freezer, so I canned 7 pints of pickled peaches.

Organized my cans of green beans, corn, and misc veggies (gotta love aldi's!)

Dehydrating 5 bunches of celery and 10 lbs of potatoes this weekend. Need to mylar some wheat and sugar. Tried a new recipe using my food storeage.

Nothing like a weather warning to get one motivated! With snow expected this afternoon, I bundled up, put on rain gear, and went to work... I planted another 250 Garlic, "Martin's Kitchen Mix," which brings my count to 500 Garlic (the other is "Purple Striped German Garlic") and 84 Elephant Garlic. They are all in raised beds, and I mulched them all with straw. Then, went a bit nuts mulching bushes, little trees, and countless plants, vines, and bushes in our garden. There were a lot of Scarlett Runner Beans and Blue Lake Pole Beans to pick (harvesting seeds...). I worked until the darkness fell, gee, at only 5pm (?!). Hmmm, daylight savings time. In addition to the aforementioned, I dug up Kale plants, Egyptian Walking Onions (put them in my greenhouse), and then began tucking in the plants I will be digging up tomorrow. When I placed my pots in the greenhouse, I was surprised to find ripe tomatoes. I picked them, set them inside, and back out I went. While smoothing out the straw, I glanced over at our Brussells Sprouts. I picked them very quickly & came in. My rain gear was drenched, straw all over it, and I was pleased to find a nice fire in our wood stove. No snow, just torrential downpour instead. Looks like I now have time to finish winterizing our garden tomorrow- we won't see temps in the 20s until Sunday.

Christy
    I knew your aunt, twice removed. (Steen's Mountain)
    Get the heck outa there!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Bought rolls of 100 ft length bird netting. Lowe's had them marked on clearance incorrectly, but they honored their mistake. Score! Got them 60% off! Bought every roll they had. LOL! Also bought plastic sheeting. It's gonna freeze here Wed night. First freeze. I plan to be ready!
    Mama Ten Bears

I don't have 10 children, but I did see 10 bears on vacation once. Thought it'd be a cool screen name.

Went to Dollar General again last night and converted some FRN's into preps.

They have some pretty good deals on canned goods.

One of the best deals I found was on Clover valley Coffee. Not sure of the taste but if TSHTF I guess any coffe is better than none.

5 lb. cans (metal) for $4.59. got 10 of those.

4 pound bags of Clover valley sugar $2 each. got 10 of those and stored in mylar.

Found what I thought was a good deal on Wolf brand chili , no beans. $.85 each. I wasnt sure if we would like the taste so I only got 20 . Opened one can last night for a taste test and it was GREAT !
    DW going back today to get a bunch more of that.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken