Page 50 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    dylan, sorry for your loss.
    My heart goes out to you. There is peace knowing that your son's remains are close to you. I completely understand that as we went through the same thing. Knowing your son is still with you and in heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ will help too and I am praying that HE give you peace in your heart always and forever. With love to you and your family, AL

I plan on going to Kroger to take advantage of the HUGE sales going on right now-but doesn't it ALWAYS figure? -I'm at the end of the pay period and pretty nervous about spending too much until I get paid next week. The sale fliers we got in the mail Thursday making me drool with the urge to go shopping.

I guess I'll do what I can this weekend and pray the sales continue until Christmas.

Thumbs up

Scored a new oil lantern, 4 boxes of 250 count strike anywhere matches (can't have enough of those...) and 2 quarts of lamp oil for $19 at the local hardware stores. Nice.... I like the oil lantern, fired it up and it worked great! It'll be nice to change out the wicks and fill it with Citronella in the summer to keep those small nighttime birds away from us (they big here.... ).
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Spent the day at the rifle range sighting in my new .308, resighting in my .223, my 9mm carbine, and my .22lr.

The .308 and the .223 are now tack-drivers....

Then promtply lost them all this afternoon in an unfortunate boating accident.

"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Christy
    I knew your aunt, twice removed. (Steen's Mountain)
    Get the heck outa there!
    Hey Lenno,

We live in WA, East of the Olympics, across the Hood Canal, and at 500' elevation (no threat of Tsunami where we are). No plans to move. Steen's Mountain is in Oregon. I wouldn't want to live there! DH's last name is "Christie," and mine via marriage to him. What is the name of that Aunt? There is also a "Mount Christie" in the Olympics, named after my DH"s family, one of the Logger's I think.

Litelvr- The .308 and the .223 are now tack-drivers....

Then promtply lost them all this afternoon in an unfortunate boating accident.
    Sorry to hear that, I'd be rather 'd... Glad to see you have retained your sense of humor "tack divers."

Today started out a bit slow, probably due to working so hard yesterday. I dug up some herbs, brought some indoors, and some went in my greenhouse. Since I had some orders for Egyptian Walking Onions, I also dug them up, putting them in the greenhouse. Spying my late lettuce mix looking so happy, I had to save it, so dug it up...yep, in the GH. In addition, I harvested a lot more Italian Sage and Bee Balm to dry. Shortly I will be packaging up a bunch of dried herbs. Hmmm, I think I got carried away with the Sage!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieAcres View Post
    Sorry to hear that, I'd be rather 'd... Glad to see you have retained your sense of humor "tack divers."
    Christie...
    That's my "official" story and I'm sticking with it....
    nudge nudge wink wink.......
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I answered the door to behold my neighbor with two huge bags (40#?) of parsnips he'd planted in April. They are ginormous. Clearing off the bottom shelf in the spare fridge, these will last all winter. Roasted veggies for supper tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by carol b View Post
    I answered the door to behold my neighbor with two huge bags (40#?) of parsnips he'd planted in April. They are ginormous. Clearing off the bottom shelf in the spare fridge, these will last all winter. Roasted veggies for supper tonight.

Um, I have never had parsnips . What do they taste like? Cause I am really looking at different veggies to go into my garden for next year.

Yesterday we ran over to Atwoods. DH picked up a hay ring for the cows. They had Folgers Medium roast in the big cans for 5.99. Picked up a few. They had Jiffy cornbread mix, a 6 pack for 1.50. That equals to 25c a box, and I havent seen em that cheap around here for years, so we got 4 packs. Would have gotten more, but the others were already out of date by a month. No sense in stocking up something that is already out of date. And I really prefer homemade, non sweetened cornbread, only got these for DH and the kids.
    We also picked up new stocking hats for the family, on clearance. And I got a bunch of the womens gloves for 1.50 pr to use as stocking stuffers for the girls in the family.

Then came home and made my dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas, with 2 pans to eat at other meals. Now frozen and need to cover with foil.

as close as you can get to Atlanta and still have chickens

today i broke down a 25 pound bag of rice and vacuum sealed it into smaller portions.
    Respect God. Love your family. What else is there?