Page 51 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Quote Originally Posted by CVORNurse View Post
    Um, I have never had parsnips . What do they taste like? Cause I am really looking at different veggies to go into my garden for next year.
    I like parsnips many ways. I like them in soups, roasted like the poster above said, or grated with some herbs to make a latke.
    Mama Ten Bears

I don't have 10 children, but I did see 10 bears on vacation once. Thought it'd be a cool screen name.

If the frost has hit them they are really sweet tasting, otherwise if they were water stressed during growing they "can" be a tad biting on the tongue, but great in soups and stews and baked. Sort of in the globe turnip family but long like a huge fat carrot instead of round like a turnip.

Bought two 55 gallon fresh water barrels from www.bayteccontainers.com
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Default You CAN get something for nothing!

Got 10% knocked off my grocery bill for wearing DH's Arizona Cardinals jersey to Albertson's. Game-day discounts rock!
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiot View Post
    Got 10% knocked off my grocery bill for wearing DH's Arizona Cardinals jersey to Albertson's. Game-day discounts rock!
    I know I'm off topic, but the Arizona Cardinals offense is HORRIBLE now that Kurt Warner has retired. I was a big Kurt Warner fan since he took the St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowls and is a class act in every way.I can't believe our idiot coach (Mike Martz) thought Warner was washed up way back in 2005. Warner sure proved Martz was wrong.What an incredible offense Arizona had with Warner.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by independent View Post
    I know I'm off topic, but the Arizona Cardinals offense is HORRIBLE now that Kurt Warner has retired. I was a big Kurt Warner fan since he took the St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowls and is a class act in every way.I can't believe our idiot coach (Mike Martz) thought Warner was washed up way back in 2005. Warner sure proved Martz was wrong.What an incredible offense Arizona had with Warner.
    I agree. Warner rocks, not only as a football player, but as a human being as well.

The Cardinals came to Arizona about the time our daughter was born. Every time we took away an especially nasty diaper, we'd say, "Ooh! Stinky poopus Cardinals!"

Except for 2009, nothing has changed.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

I mylar packed 2 buckets of white wheat, finished dehydrating 3 bunches of celery, canned (raw pack) 3 pints of turkey breast then boiled down the rest and canned the left over meat and stock. Alot of work,but my turkey was only $3.24 (Kroger) and my Dh cleaned up after me . I'll buy at least 1 more and do it again

Quote Originally Posted by joy50 View Post
    I mylar packed 2 buckets of white wheat, finished dehydrating 3 bunches of celery, canned (raw pack) 3 pints of turkey breast then boiled down the rest and canned the left over meat and stock. Alot of work,but my turkey was only $3.24 (Kroger) and my Dh cleaned up after me . I'll buy at least 1 more and do it again
    Ya done good, m'dear. Now is the time to reap cheap turkey.

Does your clean-up DH hire out?
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Sons 1 & 2 are butchering a deer. At 6 am I will start canning that deer.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Sons 1 & 2 are butchering a deer. At 6 am I will start canning that deer.

I'm jealous!!

Good work!
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'