Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Picked up some food grade buckets from the local bakery, this morning!
    2Th 3:10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat

Wink

Walked into the local somewhat cheapo knockoff department store and found 24 packs of TP for $5!!!! This was an unadvertised special - awesome!! Got some packages for stock up - I have a feeling that a few of those rolls will garner a piece of silver or gold if things were to get ugly enough; can't imagine what the ridges on the side of an SAE would feel like compared to some nice, soft, white, fluffy, quilted quality TP during that time of 'need'.

DW also stocked up on some higher quality thread for darning socks (thanks Limner - http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=123691 - for that thread). We're recovering socks already and saving $$$$.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Worked with my neighbor to cut, split and stack about 8 rick of wood.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post

One of the best deals I found was on Clover valley Coffee. Not sure of the taste but if TSHTF I guess any coffe is better than none.

5 lb. cans (metal) for $4.59. got 10 of those.
    That was the way I felt last night. I opened one this morning to try. It was ok, but nothing to brag about. I can guarantee though, it would stave off the caffeine fits, if made strong enough.

Found what I thought was a good deal on Wolf brand chili , no beans. $.85 each.
    Went specifically looking for this one. Wolf chili, no beans was 1.25 a can where I live.

I did get some more deodorant, and some of the Libby's vegetables, 3 for a dollar. Most cans were dented, and since I have plenty of non dented, will store for several years, cans, I will go back later and see if they got in a fresh shipment.

as close as you can get to Atlanta and still have chickens

i went to the asian farmers market this past weekend and they had cases of bottled water for $1.99/case - limit 2. so, i grabbed 2.....and then went back today and grabbed 2 more.
    Respect God. Love your family. What else is there?

Not much prep today,just dehydrated 10# of shredded potatoes for hashbrowns.Makes the house smell good :)

Loaded the dehydrator up with fresh deer meat! Love it
    The strongest reason for the
    people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
    is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
    against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mylar'd and O2'd two 5 gal buckets of wheat.....that'll keep for a day or two....

Other prep's are rolling in this week! With the way NK/SK might be going at it, we may need them (hope not though).
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Yesterday, had a pond dug. When it's filled up it'll cover about 2 acres. Will run a ram pump out of it for cattle and irrigation, raise fish in it (considering Talapia, blue gill, trout), emergency water, sometime plan to build an ice house.

Today, took the 30 Food grade 55 gallon drums I bought the other day and got them all cleaned out and ready to go.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Got bird netting around my raised beds and laid out the plastic for the freeze coming at the end of the week. Got the adapter for my Grundig radio in the mail today. Gotta figure out why it keeps going to "sleep." I'm sure I pushed some button that I need to unpush. Not sure which one though.
    Mama Ten Bears

I don't have 10 children, but I did see 10 bears on vacation once. Thought it'd be a cool screen name.