Page 72 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in a long time, and will play catch-up with the doc as well in the next couple weeks.

God is "nudging" me to get my health maintenance up to code.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

canned a bunch of meat today.

Canned 8 pints of chicken and procured 100lbs. of food grade corn.

O.W.

amarah is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Went through the first aid supplies,got rid of expired items and made a list of what I still need.(which is more than I thought I did.)

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Rosie... because dehydrating COOKED grains which normally take a long time to cook gives you essentially an "instant" product. They only need to be rehydrated and heated through, not cooked for an hour (or hours, in the case of beans)

The idea- besides saving time, because you'd normally make a very large batch of the brown rice or beans or whatever- is that in the event of an emergency when you don't want to risk cooking odors, or cooking fuel is scarce or expensive, you won't need to use much fuel and the odor problem will be greatly reduced.

Summerthyme
    thank you for that information, summer. It makes sense now...good sense. rosie

bought 2 fresnel lens(fire starting, water boiling), gerber long axe, meyer powdered goat milk.

haven't decided on powdered organic eggs or regular milk because of shelf life concerns.

btw, a good size fresnel lens can save you fuel during the day and they are not expensive, unless you get one as big as a dinner table, those can melt just about anything. God gave us a wonderful fireball in the sky.

2 diff lens types
    http://www.greenpowerscience.com/LINEARSPOT.html
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 02-11-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: add
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

A few weeks back was browsing in the local knock-off department store and they were having a clearance sale, 30% or better off of a lot of stuff. Came across their (I think they were Knorr) quart size canning jars w/lids. After the discount the cost was $5.04 for the dozen; I got 4 dozen regular mouth jars for $20.16 - not too shabby at all. Right place at the right time I guess.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Sister called again. Do I want any Armour dried beef in the glass jars. 4.5 oz size. .69 cents each

Sonali Basmati rice from the himalayas in a yellow & blue cloth bag 10 pound bags . 99 cents

Had her pick up 10 bags of rice & 75 jars of dried beef.
    ?

dylan, Didn't I tell you to have your sister call ME first? LOL

Seriously, that's an AWESOME deal!

I am just so very glad she is stocking up also. Part of what I get & part of what she gets we take to our parents & put in their storage. They are on a very very limited income.
    ?