Page 73 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

bought a 5000w generator, stored some nonfat powdered milk.
    The strongest reason for the
    people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
    is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
    against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I had a 20% off coupon for CVS and some gift cards. I managed to get more medical supplies: more gauze, more thermometer covers, some burn gel with 2.5% lidocaine and a bunch more stuff including more toothbrushes and toothpaste.

At Publix I got some spaghettios and some taco shells. Not the best preps, but good prices.

Started 18 different tomato varieties and 3 hot pepper varieties today. Just using up leftover seed from 2 years ago. Still need to start a bunch more herbs.
    Also received some fish antibiotics(for my fish ya know ) mylar bags and oxygen absorbers that I ordered from amazon, as well as the first new drug book I have had since I graduated RN school. OR nurses just don't give meds like floor nurses do, so never felt need. Due to my "wonderful" employer, and the fact that I might need to treat my family on my own, thought it was time.

Tomorrow need to clean out the bed I plan to plant carrots and radishes in.

Found 20 lb bags of Mahatma Extra Long grain rice tonight at Wally world for 14.08 a bag. Picked up 2 and popped them in the freezer. Recently had to throw out most of a 6 gallon bucket full of rice( this after storing it in the freezer for several weeks prior to putting in the bucket) so I will be putting this in mylar with o2 absorbers after freezing it for at least 2 weeks. Also got 2- 3lb boxes of elbow macaroni for 2.84/bag and 2-4lb bags pinto beans for 3.54/bag. Will put those in mylar tomorrow, along with some assorted bags of dried beans I picked up on sale last week.

Went to the grocery that my sister has been going to . Had 3 cart loads. Spent $ 102. & 06 cents. All canned goods. LeSueur tiny peas 19 cents a can ,almond butter 99 cents, Kidney & chili beans .19 cents a can ,del monte fruit 29 cents, campbells soups 29 cents a can are some of what I got.
    # 10 industrial size cans bushs chili beans $ 2.99 each.

Hubby says you spent how much?. We then sat down & figured what I bought would cost at my closest grocery ( kroger) $ 784.

Cashier did not bat an eye. She said bet your cupboards will be loaded. I said nope i have a pantry. She said so do I we converted an unused bedroom into a pantry.
    ?

dylan, any chance you're in texas? dang-- that's wonderful! I'm jealous!

Got the garden ready for planting soon. Just turned the soil again.

I have 5 lbs. of apples in the dehydrator. Bought a semi dwarf apricot tree (and a peach as well). Will have to move a couple of young dwarf trees to make room in the back yard. Looking forward to planting some tomatoes, potatoes, onions and peppers very soon. I'm glad I started my above ground garden beds last year, not too much work to get them ready.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Went to the grocery that my sister has been going to . Had 3 cart loads. Spent $ 102. & 06 cents. All canned goods. LeSueur tiny peas 19 cents a can ,almond butter 99 cents, Kidney & chili beans .19 cents a can ,del monte fruit 29 cents, campbells soups 29 cents a can are some of what I got.
    # 10 industrial size cans bushs chili beans $ 2.99 each.

Hubby says you spent how much?. We then sat down & figured what I bought would cost at my closest grocery ( kroger) $ 784.

Cashier did not bat an eye. She said bet your cupboards will be loaded. I said nope i have a pantry. She said so do I we converted an unused bedroom into a pantry.
    What is the name of this store, and where is it??? I haven't seen prices that good around here in, well never since I started paying attention.

Ohio ,Logan Co. ,Bellefontaine , Stites Grocery / salvage

Went with sister to a new grocery in columbus. Its like a whole foods. Could not believe the prices they wanted & people were buying it . I have shoped at a salvage grocer for 25 years.
    ?