Page 75 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Well, don't know if it counts as a prep but to me it sort of does; finished my last Masters degree class today. No, can't eat the diploma (guess I could if I really wanted to.... ) but it got me my current job and will, very hopefully, put me in a better position to survive downturns and maybe an eventual job hunt. I can't seem to find a high end job posting that doesn't want at least a 4 year degree and more and more are asking for an advanced degree.

Either way, I hope it counts for something for my family in the long run.
    Congratulations & you bet it counts! There are many ways to "prep," and not all are putting up food or buying it to store...

I started a whole bunch of Choc Mint plants today and am about to finish planting my Comfrey plants. I am growing a bunch indoors for my own orchard and a few other parts of our property. Otherwise, just moved some Marionberry starts & began propagating more. My to-do list tomorrow is a long one.

Well, don't know if it counts as a prep but to me it sort of does; finished my last Masters degree class today. No, can't eat the diploma (guess I could if I really wanted to.... ) but it got me my current job and will, very hopefully, put me in a better position to survive downturns and maybe an eventual job hunt. I can't seem to find a high end job posting that doesn't want at least a 4 year degree and more and more are asking for an advanced degree.

Either way, I hope it counts for something for my family in the long run.
    what did you master, if I might ask?
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Hey,

Getting a wood heater installed this week. Got a load of wood delivered yesterday. Momentarily will start on the stacking and covering.

When my MIL told us propane was/is 3.98 a gallon and we use nearly 400 gallons a winter, translation 1600.00 It was time to spring into action, so we hopped right into a wood heater, which we already had stored, just in case. This is the case.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post
    what did you master, if I might ask?
    Well, I don't know if I actually 'mastered' it, but I'll have a piece of paper that says I passed a bunch of tests relating to the field of project management.
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

I went out and ran 3.1 miles this morning. Took a good 40 minutes to finish, which isn't too bad for a fat guy like me. Used to run a 5K in 26 minutes back in my early 30s (and 50 pounds ago). Hopefully, I'll be able to bring my current time down to 30 minutes, a reachable goal for a guy now in his mid 40s, I think.

In a little while, I'm gonna go to the pistol range and practice some defensive shooting with my XD9 and XD45's. Some precision shooting, some from draw, double-taps, etc. Also gonna see how a few new 9mm loads perform.

All in all, it should be a fun President's Day

Quote Originally Posted by saulteux View Post
    I went out and ran 3.1 miles this morning. Took a good 40 minutes to finish, which isn't too bad for a fat guy like me. Used to run a 5K in 26 minutes back in my early 30s (and 50 pounds ago). Hopefully, I'll be able to bring my current time down to 30 minutes, a reachable goal for a guy now in his mid 40s, I think.

In a little while, I'm gonna go to the pistol range and practice some defensive shooting with my XD9 and XD45's. Some precision shooting, some from draw, double-taps, etc. Also gonna see how a few new 9mm loads perform.

All in all, it should be a fun President's Day
    Oh you can do it. I was 268 and started walking/running again and watching my diet, dropped over 30lbs and now can knock out 3.2 miles in about 27 - 30 minutes depending on how my aged bones are feeling that day. Once the weather breaks I'll start up regular running again and get back to my 4 miles 3 - 5 times a week. And we ain't too far apart in age. ;)

Wish we had a nice range around us to do some real practice.... I'm jealous!

Oh you can do it. I was 268 and started walking/running again and watching my diet, dropped over 30lbs and now can knock out 3.2 miles in about 27 - 30 minutes depending on how my aged bones are feeling that day. Once the weather breaks I'll start up regular running again and get back to my 4 miles 3 - 5 times a week. And we ain't too far apart in age. ;)

Wish we had a nice range around us to do some real practice.... I'm jealous!
    Oh, the range is about 50 miles from the house, but it's public, and free for those of us who have an Alabama hunting license

Anyway, I patterned my 870 and learned it really likes Estate 00 buck. Also learned that my 9mm loads are woefully inaccurate. I can, however, still chew the center out of a 2" bullseye at 15 yards with my XD45's.

A good day.

Dehydrated about 3 # steak in the Excal. It is nice and dry. But I needed more salt, not a lot of flavor. Now I know.

Bought our Country Living Mill today!!!

Dehydrator is next!!

Bought our Country Living Mill today!!!

Dehydrator is next!!
    Nice.

Bought some organic spaghetti noodles for half price.

Slowly, but surely, getting a nice variety of foods.

Tip: Want chicken and rice when everything flops?
    Chicken in the can. Valley Fresh makes a natural canned chicken, with almost nothing in it: Walmart (12.5oz can for about $2.35) carries it too. They sell organic of the same, but significantly more.

Considering organic broth too, for full flavor.
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 02-25-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: additions
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."