Page 94 of 154 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

I canned 14 pints of apple pie filling from the green apple tree in our backyard. free apples, yay! God provides
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermantribe View Post
    I canned 14 pints of apple pie filling from the green apple tree in our backyard. free apples, yay! God provides
    Good for you and YES, He does

I spent the last three days harvesting my Garlic varieties & hanging the Elephant Garlic, too. Just today, got all 500 +/- hung up to cure. I was surprised there was enough room after hanging up 80+ Elephant Garlic. Now, I can start harvesting Herbs to dry them on all the leftover hooks! Just like Hermantribe probably felt when the canning was done, that is how I felt when I got all the Garlic hung. I am getting two of my canners ready to use They both need new gauges, and one needs a ring.

Sad to say, most of the garden is a bust this year. Still hoping for potatoes though.

Meanwhile, I bought a half-peck box of #2 tomatos at the farm market Friday. Saturday was canning day. I made Creole Sauce and spicy tomato sauce. There's about 8 good sized tomatoes left- I think I'll boil those down for a little batch of ketchup!
    "This is my Father's world.
    O let me ne'er forget
    that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet."

One of my concerns is having some berries, so I added to to my stockpile last week. Sadly, the local blueberry farm lost its crop to hail this spring, so I had to buy FD.

Tesla's Mom- Sad to say, most of the garden is a bust this year. Still hoping for potatoes though.
    I think a lot of folks in this Country can relate and am sure sorry to hear about your garden, too. The weather has been terrible this year! I hope you get a lot of potatoes.

Hilltip- One of my concerns is having some berries, so I added to to my stockpile last week. Sadly, the local blueberry farm lost its crop to hail this spring, so I had to buy FD.
    The weather here the last few years has wrought havoc on fruit trees, different types of berries, and heat loving crops. It sure has been disappointing for us, too. The only thing we felt we could do is to plant more diversely, in hopes some of it would do well. Due to that, we have a little more to harvest. We have 4 Plum trees, zero plums :(

Recent events are a wakeup call folks.....I placed big orders with JCRefuge and several other Long Shelf-life food providers today. I also went to COSTCO and did some good there.

Also,

I also ordered a NukeAlert and Geiger-counter from Shane today.

(Gotta keep the business in the TB/TOL Family ya know. )
    Semper Fi

Jesus Christ is Always Faithful

AMERICANISM
    NOT
    GLOBALISM

Ban GODWIT

DH canned 10 quarts of marinara sauce today.
    Revelations 21: 4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

36 quarts of tomatoes, 8 quarts of peaches, freezer corn, okra, beans.

Garden did well this year. TOO MANY CUKES!

Canned several pints of jam last night.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

15 pints of kraut, and 3 porkbellies ready to hit the smoker tomorrow morning for bacon.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne