Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great recipe for leftover chicken or turkey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default thank you for these recipes!

Single guy, also poor, so I buy Turkey for it's inexpensiveness and high protien-to-fat ratio, but by the time I get thru one I am SO burnt out on eating it, I end up giving the better part of it to my dog (I don't particularly like the breast meat, unless it's disguised).

The other day I also tried something different with it, A hybrid of Tuna Noodle casserole, and Green Bean casserole.
    easy to make and bake!

I took one large Turkey breast and tore it up into chunks, while boiling up some egg noodles, tossed them together, added a can of green beans with the liquid, and a can of cream of mushroom soup, liberally sprinkled with coarse black pepper, and topped with French's fried onion thingys.

It came out absolutely delicious! ( I could still taste the white meat though) I hope you like my idea as well, and it should work just as well with leftovers from Turkey day if you love that green bean casserole like I do!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHall View Post
    Single guy, also poor, so I buy Turkey for it's inexpensiveness and high protien-to-fat ratio, but by the time I get thru one I am SO burnt out on eating it, I end up giving the better part of it to my dog (I don't particularly like the breast meat, unless it's disguised).

The other day I also tried something different with it, A hybrid of Tuna Noodle casserole, and Green Bean casserole.
    easy to make and bake!

I took one large Turkey breast and tore it up into chunks, while boiling up some egg noodles, tossed them together, added a can of green beans with the liquid, and a can of cream of mushroom soup, liberally sprinkled with coarse black pepper, and topped with French's fried onion thingys.

It came out absolutely delicious! ( I could still taste the white meat though) I hope you like my idea as well, and it should work just as well with leftovers from Turkey day if you love that green bean casserole like I do!
    What a great idea! Thank you.

I agree - white meat is too dry. I will often make Turkey salad with it as in: Mayo or Miracle whip, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Then it is tolerable.

The other way I have found a quick, cheap, and delicious way to use up left over chicken or turkey when there is not enough for a recipe or no time to make one, is cut it up, put it in a fry pan and add Italian Salad Dressing. It is amazing how good it tastes with those spices in it and the oil in the dressing serves as a base so that it doesn't burn in the pan.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Thanks Emily for the recipe, it look good! I'm going sub in Kale and swiss chard stalks/ stems, as my family doesn't like Broccoli or caulifower.
    Contentment is NOT the fufillment of what you want but the realization of how much you already have.