Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing 5 Minute prep Beer and Cheese Bread

Default Amazing 5 Minute prep Beer and Cheese Bread

This is my Holiday secret...shhhhh I love all the 5 minute prep meals I have figured out how to make...this one is great to share No kneading and no rising...variations are simply your imagination!

Ok I can't help it. I would like to share this one with all of you. I found this from a homesteading lady who lives on 240 acres...she was generous with me so I am passing this on after a little altering...:)

You will only spend a maximum of 5 minutes before you put this "bread" into the oven!

You decide how cost effective to make it...your choice of ingredient cost.

The aroma in your home...amazing...reaction from those who eat it? They think you kneaded it, raised it and actually did something tedious to make it?

Here it is!!! With all the from scratch stuff I make...this is cool.

My new Thanksgiving Staple

5 minute Beer and Cheese Bread

Set your oven on 375.

now stir the following dry ingredients in one medium size bowl.

3 cups flour (don't mix more than one cup whole wheat with 2 cups unbleached) It won't rise up light enough with just whole wheat)
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons dill (weed not seed)
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder (not soda)
    1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you taste it better in this)

After you have just stirred to mix that up...crack open a 12 ounce SEALED BEER. Any kind will do...dark will flavor that bread to a strong beer taste...a light beer will make it more of a sourdough flavor. Now pour the beer into that bowl and stir it up, it is ready don't let it set.

Oil a loaf pan, spoon in your "bread mix".....then sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese across the top.

Bake for 45 minutes!

It is ready, probably you will cut this open hot as it smells awesome...try to let it cool a little first! Any trouble with slicing, cut it after you flip it out first, also great cooked in a cast iron pan. If dill is not your spice or you want to drop the cheese go ahead...substitute a different herb and go cheese free if you need to.

Cool recipe, I`ll have to try it. Dill is one of the favorite herbs used by my bohunk side of the family that I grow up with.
    There will not be a single atheist in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingRay View Post
    Cool recipe, I`ll have to try it. Dill is one of the favorite herbs used by my bohunk side of the family that I grow up with.
    I will admit sigh...to the inexplicable hold dill has on me! I love it on my wild salmon dishes, in my vegetable dips, and in my breads. The aroma it builds with the cheese in this bread is mouthwatering...my family absolutely loves it. It is a hearty bread, great to serve with soups...naturally a big homemade pot of soup! Whether that be a seafood soup, homemade baked potato soup, cream of asparagus, cream of broccoli, a crab bisque, any number of chowders and my old time favorite, Chicken soup with fresh italian sage...still clipping it off outside....oh my! Oh don't even get me started on all the stews..... How I love to cook!

Me too romy-I am definitely going to make this recipe!!!! It sounds like it is right up our alley!

I have used the recipe and it turned out great! If you want your bread lighter, add 1T Gluten Flour. You can substitute honey or agave for sugar (I don't use sugar). The light beer was my favorite one to use

I'll give this a go today. thanks very much. AL

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCMom View Post
    Me too romy-I am definitely going to make this recipe!!!! It sounds like it is right up our alley!
    How did it turn out? Oh my family is already talking about Thanksgiving...Crab stuffing....this bread....a fresh turkey with freshly cut herbs....Fresh green bean casserole, the usual snacks and appetizers.... I am feeling like a special dessert is in order... I will have to search...French Silk Chocolate Cream pie....found in a Grange cookbook 1976...mmm have to find it but I have some recall. I am not sure where the tired book is.... I will try to make it first and then...I will pass it on if successful....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    I'll give this a go today. thanks very much. AL
    Hey Al,
    Did you make it yet? You are very welcome. I am getting ready for Thanksgiving in my mind....! There is always something new I find to do plus the traditional. I have always made homemade bread though and with all the other cooking.....I have to admit if my family loves it...why not? All the years of my braided bread with the leaves and they looked so fancy......mmmmmm Ok not this year...guess this bread wins again~

It is now in the oven Islandgirl Romy. I had to use onion in place of dill as hubby doesn't like dill. (I do). Anyway, I will let you know after dinner. This is so easy, it seems hard to believe doesn't it?? AL

I'm going to do strawberry shortcake for dessert Thanksgiving. Have to do two kinds of bisquits and two kinds of stuffing. One gluten free grown child in the family. This bread would be great to make too and so quick. Wish I had two ovens AL