Thread: Black Eyed Pea Sausage

Default Black Eyed Pea Sausage

Another old family recipe by general request...

Black Eyed Pea Sausage

Drain cooked and seasoned black eye peas and mash well. Add black pepper (can use crushed red pepper) and sage to taste. Add just enough flour to stick together. Shape into patties and fry turning to brown.
    Granny used to fry these for supper when we had left over peas
    Last edited by liteluvr; 11-28-2010 at 12:59 PM.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by liteluvr View Post
    Another old family recipe by general request...

Black Eyed Pea Sausage

Drain cooked and seasoned black eye peas and mash well. Add black pepper (can use crushed red pepper) and sage to taste. Add just enough flour to stick together. Shape into patties and fry turning to brown.

Granny used to fry these for supper when we had left over peas

Will be trying this one this week! Thank you for sharing.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Thumbs up

These are good. Mom has made this before! They are a great alternative to sausage.
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

1 pound black-eyed peas Sage Cayenne 1 teaspoon soy sauce Salt and pepper 1 egg Flour Oil for trying 2-3 slices bacon, chopped 1/4 cup onion, chopped In a large Dutch oven, fry bacon and onion until bacon browns. Add peas and cook 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Cover with water and cook until peas are tender. Mash peas well.
    Add spices to taste. Beat egg and add with a small amount of flour to bind. Shape into patties and fry until golden brown.
    Serves 6-8.

i used to make this all the time, but i was lazy--i mashed the peas and added Janes Crazy Salt--makes the pea patties taste just like sausage patties.

sometimes id add some crumbled crackers and an egg for binder, add some chopped onion and celery and stuff and make 'meat loaf patties' and fry them up. good stuff.

ive also mashed up the peas into a paste, add the onion, celery, red pepper, crackers, and egg, whatever i had on hand and then chopped up leftover chicken or turkey or whats left in the fridge and fry that up---works great every time.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/