Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Coco Mix

Default Hot Coco Mix

16 oz Nestle's Quick
    1 lb Powder sugar
    3 qt dry milk
    16 oz non dairy Creamer
    8 tsp (or TBSP ) Cocoa

Slowly put all ingredients in a large pot and mix. We found an emptied popcorn tin works great.
    Fill cup half full with mix and add hot water. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows.

Find a nice warm fire...or heater...ENJOY!!!!
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

We love this stuff, but your recipe is a bit different. I'm suppose to make more soon so I'll try yours.

We used to give it out at Christmas and everyone asked for more. It might be time to start giving it out again......We haven't done it in a couple of years.

The recipe was given to us by an old family friend so I can not clam as my own. Ya see I have this knack of conning recipes from old lady's...
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirate View Post
    We used to give it out at Christmas and everyone asked for more. It might be time to start giving it out again......We haven't done it in a couple of years.

The recipe was given to us by an old family friend so I can not clam as my own. Ya see I have this knack of conning recipes from old lady's...
    You say that like it's a BAD thing....
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

It IS a bad thing. Makes for a larger than supposed to be waste line!!!

I was called..."The sweet king" By an nice lady in Detroit. What can I say!

Been making that mix for years without the sugar and cocoa. Put 6 spoonsful in your cup add hot coffee and get a double caffeine hit! I sip that stuff all morning and never travel without a zip lock of the mix.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirate View Post
    16 oz Nestle's Quick
    1 lb Powder sugar
    3 qt dry milk
    16 oz non dairy Creamer
    8 tsp (or TBSP ) Cocoa

Slowly put all ingredients in a large pot and mix. We found an emptied popcorn tin works great.
    Fill cup half full with mix and add hot water. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows.

Find a nice warm fire...or heater...ENJOY!!!!
    That sounds so yummy and so fattening lol. Can't wait to try it! I wrote this down by hand instead of using the printer...so now that little song
    "N E S T L E S, Nestle's makes the very best....chocolate!" is going around in my head LOLOL...

She

I made some yesterday, and it's WONDERFUL!

Better than the ones I've ever found online. Definately better than the mixes that Hillbilly housewife posted recipes for.

Even hubby asked what we did different on hot cocoa, it's the best. (and he's not one to do any verbal praise. LOL)

Hubby just told me he'd "Let" me make him another one. LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Is that enough powdered milk to make 3 quarts, like 4 cups powder? Sorry, a little slow on the uptake....
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermantribe View Post
    Is that enough powdered milk to make 3 quarts, like 4 cups powder? Sorry, a little slow on the uptake....
    All measurements are for dry ingredients. So it would be 12 cups.

joyfulheart........ You are welcome. Tell him next time he makes it for you!!!