Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Coco Mix

so is it the Nestle's that makes it so rich? I was thinking of canning some of the LDS hot chocolate mix and wondering how that might change the taste. I've not tried the LDS choc...

anyone??
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

cocoa powder - sweetened or unsweetened (or is that a silly question)?
    wearing the babushka with pride...

H oder: unsweetened :)
    Dread Pirate: what a great recipe!! got the best compliment I could get: my son's best friend (8th grade) was telling all their friends at school how good his mom's hot chocolate was

The only change I made was that I used 3 Tbls of DARK cocoa! yum!

Yes, I bought the ingredients today to make my THIRD batch of the mix.

Going through it like crazy here-- and it's hubby who is drinking the most!

LOL He's never been crazy about hot cocoa, but now he is! :D

Thanks...all ingredients are flexible. Change what you like and ENJOY...

MARRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

I've discovered (after making numerous batches for all the teachers the kids want to give something to), that I like it best w/o the creamer (or very little), plus extra cocoa & Nesquick...filled the jars & added a bag of miniature marshmallows on the top

Dreadpirate - now I know why you prefer TBS instead of tsp for your cocoa - yummy!

Next batch I make is just for the family!

Quote Originally Posted by h_oder View Post
    I've discovered (after making numerous batches for all the teachers the kids want to give something to), that I like it best w/o the creamer (or very little), plus extra cocoa & Nesquick...filled the jars & added a bag of miniature marshmallows on the top

Dreadpirate - now I know why you prefer TBS instead of tsp for your cocoa - yummy!

Next batch I make is just for the family!
    Were you using pint jars?
    Do thou O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation. On every side the wicked prowl as vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
    Psalm 12:7-8

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth founder and general of the Salvation Army 1829-1916

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Were you using pint jars?
    quarts - I think I got about 6 or 7 quarts making a double batch? of course, we had to use some of it for taste testing...

anybody know offhand what the volumeis on that pound of powdered sugar? I would like ot make it with splenda, so would need a volume measure to substitute. TIA, this sounds really good.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by LMonty View Post
    anybody know offhand what the volumeis on that pound of powdered sugar? I would like ot make it with splenda, so would need a volume measure to substitute. TIA, this sounds really good.

hmmm...a pound is 16 oz, the converter (link below) says that would be 3.63 cups of powdered (icing) sugar... I just bought a 2 lb bag of it & split in half between 2 batches...

http://www.traditionaloven.com/conve...r_amounts.html#

the converter also says 1 cup of raw sugar = 2 cups of icing sugar - don't know if that helps at all...

oh - I just googled "powdered sugar converter" to come up with a list of sites to use...