Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Coco Mix

Quote Originally Posted by LMonty View Post
    anybody know offhand what the volumeis on that pound of powdered sugar? I would like ot make it with splenda, so would need a volume measure to substitute. TIA, this sounds really good.
    Please let us know how this turns out.
    Do thou O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation. On every side the wicked prowl as vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
    Psalm 12:7-8

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth founder and general of the Salvation Army 1829-1916

Quote Originally Posted by h_oder View Post
    hmmm...a pound is 16 oz, the converter (link below) says that would be 3.63 cups of powdered (icing) sugar... I just bought a 2 lb bag of it & split in half between 2 batches...

http://www.traditionaloven.com/conve...r_amounts.html#

the converter also says 1 cup of raw sugar = 2 cups of icing sugar - don't know if that helps at all...

oh - I just googled "powdered sugar converter" to come up with a list of sites to use...
    thanks!!!
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

I was wondering what to do with all the mini marshmallows I dehydrated. Now I will mix up a batch of cocoa and add the dried minis and give to the G-kids. Thanks for the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWoff View Post
    That sounds so yummy and so fattening lol. Can't wait to try it! I wrote this down by hand instead of using the printer...so now that little song
    "N E S T L E S, Nestle's makes the very best....chocolate!" is going around in my head LOLOL...

She
    Don't forget to clack your jaw at the end like Farful did.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

friend of mine has something like this
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...paign=shopping

It heats and blends the chocolate, I'm not crazy about the dispenser on this one though as they tend to leak/plug break or foul up
    but it does taste better out of this thing rather than just pouring hot water over a fistful of powder

another thing I did ahwile back was to put the powder in the cup then add a tiny bit of water and stir...it made a muddy paste out of the chocolate then when I added the rest of the water I didn't get any globs of dry powder plus it was frothy(er) than normal

One of those would come in handy around here. I would have to by a tons of ingredients though...
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Made up a huge batch and gave it out with homemade cookies as Christmas gifts! Great! The only thing i would add due to hubby and son, is more cocoa to taste. They like things really 'chocolately'

My first batch is gone. But the good news was it was a big hit given out as gifts this year to friends! Everyone wants the recipe, so next time I think I will make a card printed on two sides...one with the recipe and the other with the directions. I had just put the directions on it this time. Now I know better...thanks again Dread!

She

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Made a batch last night and it's very, very good! It takes a very large container to mix it in, and I wondered if anyone had ever suffocated in powdered milk, nestle, creamer mix before. I can definitely see the pounds packing on if one drinks much of this mix! Oh, but it's SO good!

Ya I tend to mix under the stove hood with the fan on HI!!!
    She, It is posted with the intent of being shared......WITH LOVE.
    XO to all and to all an XO!!!
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4