Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hebrew Roots Movement Attacks the Name of Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    CV, I know you follow Eddie Chumney from what JGIG has shown in her recent post and from what you have said on numerous occasions. Here is what Eddie Chumney had to say about the NT absolutely being Scripture, contrary to what you have stated. In this quote, Chumney is responding to someone who is a follower of B'nai Noah:

"You then use the TRUTH that Christianity has
    departed from the roots of it's faith and use this truth as a
    stepping stone
    to lead people astray and attempt to lead them to
    also believe the "B'nai Noah" doctrine that:

From what I'm reading here, Eddie Chumney is warning people not to be led astray into believing the following:

#1) The NT is not scripture
    #2) That the Messiahship of Jesus is not important for
    salvation or life in the World to Come
    #3) That Jesus is not God etc.
    #4) That salvation is faith and works

These are WORSE heresies than the FACT that Christianity has
    departed from the roots of it's faith
    ."

The above quote can be found at http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarch.../970708_a.html.
    Ummm, think you might want to read your quote of Eddie Chumney's response over again, Forty9er.

And as an aside, the teaching of B'nai Noah says that the Gentiles are only to follow the seven commandments, and not the ten. Scripture is clear on this - one law for one people. B'nai Noah is a lie and dangerous doctrine!

Skyking posted a series of videos called "The Imposter" that, imo, are well-worth the watch.

Although I would recommend watching them from the beginning, here are a few from that series:
    3.1 - The Noahide Laws: The Imposter - FollowersofYah.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWKM...eature=related

3.2 - The Noahide Laws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcLC2...eature=related

3.3 - The Noahide Laws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akbrH...eature=related

3.4 - The Noahide Laws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TViuDLxRJ6M

3.5 - The Noahide Laws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy9Zx9RkDD4

Blessings...

I have bolded and enlarged letters in Forty9er's quote. The words in red letters are my additions.
    Last edited by seekingHistruth; 01-04-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Edited to add that I have enlarged letters and bolded in original quote. All in red is my addition.

Quote Originally Posted by seekingHistruth View Post
    Ummm, think you might want to read your quote of Eddie Chumney's response over again, Forty9er.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I know exactly what Eddie Chumney was saying in this quote which includes the statement "These are WORSE heresies than the FACT that Christianity has departed from the roots of it's faith".

I was only pointing out that he believes that the doctrines from B'nai Noah that he lists are heresies, which I agree with, although I don't agree with him on most other things that he believes.

Thanks for the suggestion but I know exactly what Eddie Chumney was saying in this quote which includes the statement "These are WORSE heresies than the FACT that Christianity has departed from the roots of it's faith".

I was only pointing out that he believes that the doctrines from B'nai Noah that he lists are heresies, which I agree with, although I don't agree with him on most other things that he believes.
    Oops, sorry!! I actually just logged back on in order to delete my previous post as I realized that WAS your point, but now I'll leave it since you've already responded.

Blessings...

Quote Originally Posted by seekingHistruth View Post
    Oops, sorry!! I actually just logged back on in order to delete my previous post as I realized that WAS your point, but now I'll leave it since you've already responded.

Blessings...
    Thanks for the apology. I knew you had just misread my post so I was only responding in order to make it clear what I believed.

Default the Tree of Life is a common reference to Torah

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of Chumney, but reading his entire response to this guy, he's right on. Thanks for the link.

Learning that the Tree of Life is a common reference to Torah , is well known by the same group of People that brought you the Torah "the Jews."

That is were Eddie got the idea from , and that is were I saw it first hand , in a synagogue where I got to handle a real Torah scroll learn about it. Not every thing Jewish , is bad , do you have some kind of phobia? They call the pages leaves, and they are for the Healing of the nations.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

This verse is using classic Hebrew parallelism; Law from Zion = Word of Yehovah from Jerusalem. Law ( Torah ) = The Word of God.

Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isa 2:3-4 is the exact same idea as Revelation , this is what Messiah came to do.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

And I do listen to Eddie Chumney he is one of my teachers. But once you've taken a lesson and proved it out it becomes first hand knowledge.

As far as Saying the new testament is scripture , well yes in it's original intent I believe that to be true. But the dictionary to understand the NT , is the TANAK , if I dare say there are some cultural understandings from the Jews that assist greatly in the correct context as well.

Jews and Gentiles worshiping together was the norm in the early Church, not the exception. The separation came in the 4th century under Constantine when Roman Paganism polluted the truth , changed the Sabbath to Sunday, prohibited the celebration of Jewish Feast and would have killed anyone who challenged him. This is where Christians and Believing Jews parted , and where violence was done to the truth. Unfortunately we still live under many of the lies that were introduced by Pagan Rome. Not keeping the 7th day Sabbath being only one of them.

But the more you read about the God of Abraham and Issac and Jacob , and the nearer you want to draw to him , the more you will know how wrong the traditions and lies we have inherited are. I believe that system of lies is going to collapse , and God is calling a people back to himself in these last days. He is shouting to many to come out of her , that they don't receive of her plagues .

Quote Originally Posted by clearvoice View Post
    And I do listen to Eddie Chumney he is one of my teachers. But once you've taken a lesson and proved it out it becomes first hand knowledge.

As far as Saying the new testament is scripture , well yes in it's original intent I believe that to be true. But the dictionary to understand the NT , is the TANAK , if I dare say there are some cultural understandings from the Jews that assist greatly in the correct context as well.
    In other words, we can't accept the plain meaning of the NT, as it was written, to be Scripture but need your help to interpret it correctly and only then can it be considered to be Scripture. I don't believe Chumney placed those kind conditions on the NT before declaring it to be Scripture. It appears you believe that the student has become the teacher.

In other words, we can't accept the plain meaning of the NT, as it was written, to be Scripture but need your help to interpret it correctly and only then can it be considered to be Scripture. I don't believe Chumney placed those kind conditions on the NT before declaring it to be Scripture. It appears you believe that the student has become the teacher.
    I believe what CV is saying is that all interpretations of the NT must be filtered through the OT, because that is the only Scripture/dictionary that the NT authors had or would have used. Without that solid foundation, the NT is just a bunch of random Jews writing letters, and you can't prove it's from God or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I believe what CV is saying is that all interpretations of the NT must be filtered through the OT, because that is the only Scripture/dictionary that the NT authors had or would have used. Without that solid foundation, the NT is just a bunch of random Jews writing letters, and you can't prove it's from God or not.
    What CV is saying (and probably what you agree with) goes beyond the belief that Scripture taken as a whole must be self consistent and not be contradictory. What he believes is that there is nothing "new" in the New Testament:

Everything that is preached by the apostles is found in the TANAK.
    With these kind of blinders on, it is clear why he would make the statement that the NT is just commentary on the OT. This relegates the NT to permanent second class status and justifies his denial of the plain meaning of many NT verses and his forcing them, regardless of the contorted logic that it takes, into a mold that fits his personal dogma about what the OT teaches. This also contradicts what the NT says in many places:

Joh 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

1Co 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
    12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 3:3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly.
    4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ,
    5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.
    6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Eph 3:8 To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things,
    10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

Col 1:26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
    27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

To deny the plain meaning and truth of these verses is to deny the fact that they are Scripture and are inspired by God.

Default The Method to my Study....

Perhaps you can read this .. and see how the TANAK is the foundation of the New Testament Writings.

You have to understand the new testament letters in a first century Jewish context or you will miss read them every time.

If you want to know Eddies doctrines, go through this video series http://www.waytozion.org/video/eddie/eddie.htm.

Or Here http://www.hebroots.org/

As I've talked with you before about the differences in The Word of God ( the Torah) , and Man's application of the Law, even the Jews religion of Pharisaical Judaism and Oral Torah. Much of what Paul teaches against is often mistaken for the law of God, While Paul's rebuke is really aimed the law of man, specifically the precedents and traditions of the Pharisees.

Ergon Nomos in the Greek , "Works of the Law" in English, Ma'asa ha Torah in Hebrew.

Paul is warning about the religion of the Pharisees, and how the believers at Galatia should not follow it, just as Yeshua warned of the Pharisees doctrines in the Gospels.

Messiah taught us to obey Moses, While he ignored Jewish traditions that made void the commandments of God.

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Two Thousand years later and we know the exact tradition that was being talked about here concerning the washing of the Hands.

Here it is:

"After Kiddush and before the meal, each person in the household should wash hands by filling a cup with water and pouring it over the top and bottom of the right hand and then the left hand. Before wiping the hands dry on a towel, the following blessing should be recited.

Barukh atah Adonai, Eloheinu, melekh ha-olam
    Blessed are You, Lord, our God, King of the Universe

asher kidishanu b'mitz'votav v'tzivanu
    Who has sanctified us with His commandments and commanded us

al n'tilat yadayim.
    concerning washing of hands."

This is NOT in the Torah ANYWHERE! It is a precedent and tradition, a Burden or Ma'asa in Hebrew. There is no commandment to wash our hands , yet the Rabbis issue this commandment thinking that they have the authority to issue commandments as if they were speaking for God. When it is expressly forbidden to add to or diminish from the Torah , in the Torah. That's what I call Hypocrisy, and that is what Yeshua told us to beware of , the leaven of the Pharisees.

There is a distinct difference between the religion of the Jews with their (traditions) and keeping the commandments of God.

To this day the word for precedents or traditions is known in Hebrew by rabbis as "Ma'asa" singular or "Ma'asim" Plural in Hebrew. A Takanot is a Change in the law, as if the had that authority as well!

There is a study on Shem Tov's Hebrew Matthew that goes into great detail about this. You can read it here: http://www.triumphpro.com/bible-ques...-tov-jan08.pdf

This is the translation of the Hebrew Mathew 23:2-3.

“The Pharisees and sages sit upon the seat of Moses. Therefore
    all that he says to you, diligently do, but according to their reforms
    (takanot ) and their precedents (ma’asim) do not do,
    because they talk but they do not do.”

You can except this as a better translation or you can follow this translation.

Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
    Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

So you either have to listen to the unleavened Torah of Moses , or you have to listen to the Scribes and Pharisees. If you are trying to follow the commandments of Messiah , because there it is in red letters.

I choose to believe the Hebrew Mathew translation , Torah is much easier to follow than the Volumes upon Volumes of Oral Torah and Traditions of the Jews.

Now for something I found , that backs this thought up , no one showed this to me other than the Ruach , and it goes along with what I've been studying in Jeremiah 23.

Jer 23:11 For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD.

note: he's not talking about all prophets and priest .. just the bad ones.

Jeremiah 23 is a holy text and it is one of the places you should Study to know the Ministry of Messiah. How the Pastors were scattering the sheep and not searching them out, how the prophets prophecies lies from their hearts and dreamers told their dreams and Israel was corrupted.

It very clearly speaks of Messiah , but addresses these many problems with prophets and priest.

The Role of Messiah is to gather the scattered sheep and punish the pastors.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

All of these bad things are contrasted with one remedy "Standing in His counsel. " and The coming Messiah "Yehovah Tzaddiquanue" is the Hebrew behind "The Lord our Righteousness " Off topic , but I find it and interesting parallel to " Melek Tzadek" King of Righteousness.

Jer 23:18 For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard [it]?
    Jer 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

Messiah came to set things right, He came as the good Shepard. If you understand first century Judaism and you can understand this text , and you really will understand why Yeshua did not get along with the Jews, and why the city was destroyed in 70 AD.

But to my point , one of the problems mentioned were these prophets going around saying " the burden of the LORD" , I scratched my head a long time on this until I read it in the Hebrew.

Jer 23:33 And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask thee, saying, What [is] the burden of the LORD? thou shalt then say unto them, What burden? I will even forsake you, saith the LORD.
    Massa = "burden" מַשָּׂא

In the very text that prophecies of Messiah , you see He's already had this conversation through the prophets to the Jews about there " Ma'asa". He Tells them explicitly not to teach burdens of the LORD, yet they do.

So when you see Yeshua speaking to the Jews about their burdens he is fulfilling the Torah. He's dealing with the same type of problems Jeremiah prophecies though The Word of the LORD.

Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, [ye] lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers.

That is Judiasm , that is directly opposed to Standing in His Council. That is directly
    opposed to the Word of God , The Commandments or the Torah of Moses.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

What is amazing is who they were talking to , I mean the Jews, where sitting in judgment of God manifest in the flesh , holding to their religion. The fearful part of this he warned them, and they happily went on to destruction.

Jer 23:38 But since ye say, The burden of the LORD; therefore thus saith the LORD; Because ye say this word, The burden of the LORD, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the LORD;
    Jer 23:39 Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, [and cast you] out of my presence:
    Jer 23:40 And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

Wow , I can think of no greater fulfillment than Jerusalem being exiled a second time , and the temple razed to the ground by Assyrian legions under the command of Rome. I mean when it comes down to it , the Jews could have believed, they could have received their Messiah. But their religion and their status and power where more important to them than Yehovah Tzadiquanue, that is The LORD OR RIGHTEOUSNESS and his counsel.

You should go read some of the other things that priest and prophets were doing in Jeremiah 23, and take them to heart.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee.

Learning that the Tree of Life is a common reference to Torah , is well known by the same group of People that brought you the Torah "the Jews."

That is were Eddie got the idea from , and that is were I saw it first hand , in a synagogue where I got to handle a real Torah scroll learn about it. Not every thing Jewish , is bad , do you have some kind of phobia? They call the pages leaves, and they are for the Healing of the nations.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

This verse is using classic Hebrew parallelism; Law from Zion = Word of Yehovah from Jerusalem. Law ( Torah ) = The Word of God.

Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isa 2:3-4 is the exact same idea as Revelation , this is what Messiah came to do.

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

clearvoice, with all due respect, NONE of what you've posted above proves that the Tree of Life referred to in Revelation 22 is the Torah. Not one of the Scriptures you provided above indicates that Torah = Tree of Life. That is a leap that you are making based on Jewish tradition and experience in a synagogue. As you put it, "the same group of People that brought you the Torah 'the Jews.' ", have almost universally rejected Jesus Christ as Messiah and His work of redemption at the Cross.

I'll take my cues from Scripture, if you don't mind.

In the New Testament, when the word 'tree' is used, from Matthew - Luke 23, the Greek used for 'tree' in various places is as follows:
    dendron
    1) a tree
    syke
    1) a fig tree

sykaminos

1) sycamine tree, having the form and foliage of the mulberry, but fruit resembling the fig

sykomorea
    1) a sycomore tree
    In Luke 23:31 at the time of the crucifixion a different Greek word comes into play:
    xylon
    1) wood
    a) that which is made of wood
    1) as a beam from which any one is suspended, a gibbet, a cross
    2) a log or timber with holes in which the feet, hands, neck of prisoners were inserted and fastened with thongs
    3) a fetter, or shackle for the feet
    4) a cudgel, stick, staff
    2) a tree

(One commentary regarding the 'green tree' can be found HERE)
    Again, in Acts 5:30 (After the crucifixion)
    xylon
    1) wood
    a) that which is made of wood
    1) as a beam from which any one is suspended, a gibbet, a cross
    2) a log or timber with holes in which the feet, hands, neck of prisoners were inserted and fastened with thongs
    3) a fetter, or shackle for the feet
    4) a cudgel, stick, staff
    2) a tree
    In Romans 11:
    agrielaios
    1) of or belonging to the oleaster or wild olive
    2) the oleaster, wild olive tree
    Galatians 3:13 and also in 1 Peter 2:24:
    Back to xylon
    Then in every reference to 'tree' in the book of Revelation save two (reference to a plain ol' tree - dendron, and to a fig tree - sykē), the Greek word for 'tree' is xylon, clearly used from the time of the crucifixion forward to refer to the Cross of Christ.

The Tree of Life in Revelation 22:2 is clearly the Cross of Christ - and the truth that through His death we may have life.

Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross is the Tree of Life, NOT Torah.

The assertion that the Tree of Life in Revelation 22:2 is a reference to Torah is not true. In fact, it is an attempt to replace the work of Christ at the Cross and His healing power to the nations with Torah!

That Torah = The Tree of Life is a doctrine of demons and is derived from the practice of Kabbalah which Eddie Chumney and other teachers in the HRM/MJ/Netzarim and related sects incorporate into their teachings via Jewish tradition and extra-Biblical resources including but not limited to the Talmud/Gemara/Zohar.
    I reject it. It is not true. As with other instances when I'm examining a belief found in the HRM,
    I find with great joy that the Gospel always stands !

Originally Posted by clearvoice

Jews and Gentiles worshiping together was the norm in the early Church, not the exception. The separation came in the 4th century under Constantine when Roman Paganism polluted the truth , changed the Sabbath to Sunday, prohibited the celebration of Jewish Feast and would have killed anyone who challenged him. This is where Christians and Believing Jews parted , and where violence was done to the truth. Unfortunately we still live under many of the lies that were introduced by Pagan Rome. Not keeping the 7th day Sabbath being only one of them.

But the more you read about the God of Abraham and Issac and Jacob , and the nearer you want to draw to him , the more you will know how wrong the traditions and lies we have inherited are. I believe that system of lies is going to collapse , and God is calling a people back to himself in these last days. He is shouting to many to come out of her , that they don't receive of her plagues .
    Forty9er said it very well:
    Originally Posted by Forty9er
    What CV is saying (and probably what you agree with) goes beyond the belief that Scripture taken as a whole must be self consistent and not be contradictory. What he believes is that there is nothing "new" in the New Testament:
    With these kind of blinders on, it is clear why he would make the statement that the NT is just commentary on the OT. This relegates the NT to permanent second class status and justifies his denial of the plain meaning of many NT verses and his forcing them, regardless of the contorted logic that it takes, into a mold that fits his personal dogma about what the OT teaches. This also contradicts what the NT says in many places:

Joh 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

1Co 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Gal 1:11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
    12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 3:3 how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly.
    4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ,
    5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.
    6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Eph 3:8 To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things,
    10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

Col 1:26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
    27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

To deny the plain meaning and truth of these verses is to deny the fact that they are Scripture and are inspired by God.
    Thank you, clearvoice, for helping me to understand yet another aberrant teaching found in the Hebrew Roots Movement.

-JGIG

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com