Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idaho Eagle Forum: Idaho Governor Sells Out His State's Businesses to China

There's always more to these things than meets the eye. Sell-out yes, but what are the Chicoms really after? Mining rights. Enter the federal connection in all this, and there's collateral in them thar hills, boys and girls.

Tras
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by valkyree View Post
    that sucks - guess moving to Idaho aint such a great idea

freeze your buns off and work for the Chinese - hahahahaha

the Chamber is a globalist org now - and global we will be - I'll stay right here in CA where atleast I don't have to freeze - wake up indeed - and do what?!?!?!?!?!

ps sorry nothing personal - I'm just sick of the CA bashing and wish people would wake up to the fact every state in the union is fubared beyond repair
    + a million! I agree! People in other states feeling they are safe so they just sit back, well they will reap the same as the states they bash, maybe even worse.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Quote Originally Posted by M1928 View Post
    Idaho is a Right to Work State. Most of those migrating there over the last 20 years were from California (mostly California PERS retirees) having made it in California and moving to the 'Mexico of the North'. Don't get me wrong, I like Idaho, especially when you can move there with 'some money' and hire those 'independent' right to starve workers for next to nothing and THEY love you for it!
    You just proved your state and it's people are no better than the states you bash. Don't blame anyone but the population of your state for the mess either. You guys should've stayed vigilant, but you didn't. Now you will reap what California and others are. No state, no country is immune from what is to come.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Cool

Does that mean their state workers pensions are not bankrupting them?

Idaho is a Right to Work State. Most of those migrating there over the last 20 years were from California (mostly California PERS retirees) having made it in California and moving to the 'Mexico of the North'. Don't get me wrong, I like Idaho, especially when you can move there with 'some money' and hire those 'independent' right to starve workers for next to nothing and THEY love you for it!
    Go to Meridian and Nampa... just outside Boise.

You will be hard pressed to find more English speakers than the those who Habla.
    Why is owning pets better than owning kids? Because if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

The Daily Economist
    http://www.thedailyeconomist.com

The more I think about it the more I wonder if the strong independent people who go to the Mtn. west to make their stand, will be dealing with Chinese troops when the collapse finally comes.

Chicom meet Chicom, I'm sure you're ready for them.

LOL, I guess my alias does fit now.

Having Chinese in Idaho is nothing new. The very area in which I type had Chinese miners looking for gold in the 1870's. They came in after the initial boon of the 1860's, and gleaned gold from tailings and played-out claims. They were eventually ousted by the 1890's during the Chinese Expulsion movement. They were independent, and not the coolie type that worked under white direction.

Let me tell you about the Chinese. We have a water ditch up on the ridge behind our cabins. This flume-line stretches from a small lake 8 miles south of me, to an old mining claim approximately 5 miles north of me. The China Ditch, as we refer to it, was begun simultaneously from each end, and the two crews met somewhere in the middle, perfectly on grade. This was done in densely forested land with numerous draws, on a fairly steep hillside. How's that for 1870's technology and determination. Industrious little buggers. I occasionally find opium bowls and pipes during my walks.

As far as Butch, this may be akin to selling our economic souls. It's a little too early to be concerned with communist takeover. It is purely an economic scheme, that if indeed takes hold, will most likely be contained down in the Boise basin, not in my beloved Clearwater Mountains.

As far as mining now. We're having trouble with all the usual suspect agencies just trying to move dirt. I'm not sure the govt will unpucker for China to do the same. If they do, there will be a whole host of unhappy people. Then I would expect a second Chinese expulsion to take form.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You just proved your state and it's people are no better than the states you bash. Don't blame anyone but the population of your state for the mess either. You guys should've stayed vigilant, but you didn't. Now you will reap what California and others are. No state, no country is immune from what is to come.
    What are you trying to say?

1928 is from Washington State, on the west side of the Cascades to boot.

Time will tell. I don't see May Day parades in the near future.

What do you expect from a 'Right to Starve State'!
    What do you mean?

eta-never mind-explained
    God won't put anything on you that you and HE can't handle.
    She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man and she rode good horses...author unknown.

History is written by those who killed heros.

Default Montana, Washington governors discuss coal exports out of Longview port

http://www.oregonlive.com/environmen...vernors_d.html

SEATTLE -- Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer came to Seattle Wednesday to meet with his Washington counterpart and push for a proposed major coal shipping terminal on the lower Columbia River.

Schweitzer and fellow Democratic Gov. Chris Gregoire met at a downtown Seattle office about the proposal by Millennium Bulk Logistics to build the terminal west of Longview and export up to 5.7 million tons of coal a year to China and other Asian countries.

The coal would come from the Powder River Basin in southeastern Montana and Wyoming.

Schweitzer supports the project as a way to boost his state's coal-mining industry. Both Montana and Washington should be behind the project, which would improve the economy and create jobs in both states, he said.

"This is a fact-finding mission for me," Schweitzer said, to learn what coal companies need to do to get the regulatory permission to build the port.

Schweitzer said he's trying to understand why there's resistance to exporting coal as opposed to burning it to produce electricity in Montana and then transmitting it to Washington and other states.

Gregoire's position is that she doesn't want to stand in the way of progress, but wants to make sure the proper environmental and regulatory processes are followed, said spokesman J. Cory Curtis.

In November, Cowlitz County commissioners voted to give Millennium, owned by Australian coal company Ambre (AM-ber) Energy, a permit to redevelop the site. However, that decision was appealed last month to the Washington state Shorelines Hearings Board by four environmental groups.

Since then, the state Ecology Department has asked to intervene in the appeal, saying the county should have analyzed greenhouse gas emissions more broadly and not just in the immediate area of the Longview project.

Earlier in the day, Schweitzer met with Cowlitz County commissioners in Kelso and toured the proposed terminal site.