I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. We live in Texas but have purchased a farm in the Ozarks. We are planning to start having a new farm house built (our daughter and son in law will move into the old farmhouse which we've fixed up). We will have propane and grid power until it goes down. We would like to get LP gas range, freezer, and refrigerator for the new house. I've been shopping for high quality ranges. I don't want to spend a fortune, but money is not the object, quality is. Also, coming from hurricane country, we want the option to light the oven with a match. I was about to buy a PREMIER PRO range, but the reviews on several websites were pretty mixed to bad as far as quality and service went. Can anyone give me the run down on Premier?

Likewise, I spoke to Brown Cook Stoves. They still make some pilot light stoves (not in black or stainless which is what we'd buy, but still. . . ). Can anyone give us your experiences/reviews of Brown stoves? Lehman's carries the match light versions in white and bisque.

Finally, another manufacturer advised that we look at Unique Gas ranges. They don't use a pilot but rather a 9v battery to ignite the oven and burners. You can match light the burners but not the oven. We hate to be relying on batteries. Of course, I guess as long as one has propane, there will be 9v batteries available and you can get rechargeable ones, I suppose. Anyone with input as to Unique ranges?

We are planning to build an outdoor kitchen with a wood cook stove in the new house as well.

Please give me your advise/reviews of the foregoing. Thx.