Thread: Babiess!!!!

Default Babiess!!!!

Kastedemurs Legally Blonde gifted us with QUADS tonight!

Sadly, the second buck was a tail first legs forward sideways breech. And huge, at least 10 lbs; perhaps a bit more. Had a heck of a time getting him out, wasn't sure we would. Born dead and so was the third buck. Couldn't resuscitate either. Bu then she surprised us with an unanticipated fourth, a lovely light brown doeling with tan markings and white points.

Both survivors are doing well and sucking down colostrum like they are two day sold! Both are up and doing that 6 hr old imitation of walking :) Bet they will be bouncing in the morning.:)

Blondie freshened with a show quality udder! I am thrilled with it. I am looking forward to the goat show in Conway AR in April, even though the competition there can be as tough as the Nationals with a lot of the same herds showing there, I will be real proud walking her into the ring.

I kept does from this breeding last year, and already have a buck that is half brother to this little guy. So they are both for sale.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Congratulations on the new little ones and Blondie's great udder. So sorry you lost the two bucklings.

Congratulations to all involved. Long night I would venture.

LMonty,

that sounds like a brutal birthing, what a blessing you were there to help save the other two babies and mama too.

I can imagine Quads getting all tangeled up together and those sound like huge babies to boot! (our little Nigerians might weigh a lb or so, lol)

how is the mama doing?
    and you?

hope you get some rest, you have lots more babies on the way.

um and pics! we need baby pics

will help spread the word on the babies you have for sale.
    Goat folks are willing to travel for your caliber of goats.
    congats on the new baby doeling and buckling too!
    LMV

Pics pics pics!
    I'm Little Dude's Big Sister!

"We'll be a dancing generation
    Dancing because of your great mercy Lord
    Your great mercy Lord
    We'll be a shouting generation
    Shouting because of your great glory Lord
    Your great glory Lord
    "
    "Dancing Generation"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKBmCAfmKeA

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Congratulations!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Blonide seems to have bounced back pretty well from that trainwreck. The brother and sister that survived have done really well, and are growing fast! I cant believe how long-legged these two are, it strikes me each time I see them. I promise I will try to get pics up soon!

Windy (Lonesome-Doe Santa Ana Winds/Pruittvilles Moon River) delivered twin bucks the other day too! Easy birth compared to the last! Both are just beautiful, shiny black with white caps and ears, brown underneath, some white markings. The one has a huge complete white belt, and some white on his legs. His right front leg has a white bar across it, it's really striking. If I was keeping him I would name him Banded Rock Bar Sinister :)

Another one due tomorrow, then two due 2/3. The last is my big spotted Goodbar daughter Parade. She was bred twice, first a nephew that would have given me great line breeding on Goodbar. She would have been due the 28th if that had worked, but I don't think he was tall enough! Cant say he didn't try! (No udder yet though she is really pretty big for a FF. I'm wondering if she has trips in there.) But she seemed to come back into heat so I rebred her to Blondies son by CH Kastdemurs By Invitation Only. If thats the breeding that took, and I am assuming now that it was, she'll be due 2/22.

Sorry to gab your ears off folks, but I sure do love to chat about the critters. :) I wish I could share the baby goat kisses and cuddles, they are as fun and melting as puppy lovings. Would sure put a smile on your face no matter how bad your day has been.

Wish we could bottle that! The world would be a better place for it.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Congratulations!!!!......you paint a beautiful picture and the thought of baby kisses warms my heart! Thank you for sharing and can't wait to see pics!