Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: seriously good dinner rolls

bump, thank you from both my bumps on the back

Tomorrow is my birthday and I think I will be cooking up these! YUM!
    "the bad thing about knowing all of this...
    you can't 'unknow' it"

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you...Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever". (Heb. 13:5,8, NIV)

am happy that some people plan to make the rolls, they really are good and so are the cinnamon rolls, it's in the 80's or I would make them myself.

Happy Birthday Leigh!

Thank you for the recipe, Luvmyvet.

They all sound so good!

hope some folks make them up and let me know how they like them.

I just made some two days ago, huge pan of rolls and a large one of cinnamon rolls, so soft and delicious.

Made them just yesterday mmmmgoood!!!

The dinner rolls were amazingly light and fluffy, the cinnamon rolls - holy smokes they are good!

Thanks very much for sharing!

Luvmyvet, I think I'm going to take this recipe frame it and hang it on the kitchen wall.

I just made them and they are delicious.

I'm not quite sure I did it right because the dough was real wet. I let the dough rise and it was still a sticky mess. I floured it and kneaded it a little before I rolled it out and cut it. Just enough flour to be able to handle it.

That dough was so soft and the final product is the best rolls I've ever made. Thank you.
    For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: Walk as children of light.

ahh, nothing beats my rolls though ;) belly rolls that is.

am glad you all like them as much as we do, I wish I could take credit for the recipe, and I wish I could remember which site I copied it from to give them all the praise, and when I do, will post it.

Patches, the dough should be moist, but not sticky after rising and kneading it a few times.
    I use bread flour most of the time, and I use the minimum called for and add any needed extra a little at a time on the bread board when kneading so the rolls stay light. Some days the dough needs more flour than others, (humidity maybe?) but you will learn how the dough should feel as you make them more often.
    These rolls are very light, but not airy, and find myself craving them, we eat them with sausage instead of biscuits and also for sandwiches.

It's been raining for two days so that probably had something to do with it. If this was a flop it was a good flop. I'll keep trying until I get it right.
    For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: Walk as children of light.

I tried making these rolls again. This time I did it right and they are wonderful. Thank you so much for this recipe. From now on this IS the roll recipe at my house.