I thought I saw someone asking about dinner rolls recently and I wanted to share this recipe, they are so soft and delicious, I cannot remember where I got this recipe, but we love it and I make them quite often.

2 cups whole milk, can use 2% but whole is best.
1/2 cup (+ 1 Tablespoon sugar, divided)
1/3 cup ( 5 1/3 Tablespoon butter)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 packages active dry yeast (or 4 1/2 teaspoons) instant
2/3 cup warm (105-115 degree water)
8-9 cups all purpose flour
3 beaten eggs

Combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar, butter and salt in medium saucepan. heat over medium heat just until butter melts, remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.

disolve yeast and the 1 tablespoon sugar in the 2/3 cup warm water. let stand 10 minutes.

In large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour and add cooled milk mixture.
Beat on low for 30 seconds scraping bowl, then add yeast mixture and beat on high for 3 full minutes.
stir in beaten eggs.

stir in as much of the remaining flour needed to make a soft dough. ( I rarely use 9 cups, but just depends..) the dough should be quite soft, will come away from sides of bowl, but will still feel sticky to your finger.
no worries, it firms up during rising...I tend to hand mix just enough flour to get it to just pull from sides, then add remaining flour needed on the bread board so I don't add too much. you want these to be light.

place bowl in a warm place and cover. allow to rise 1 hour (this dough rises slow for me in the winter...)

Punch dough down.
Lightly flour bread board and turn dough onto surface and knead a few times.
divide in half.

spray two 9 x 13 glass pans with cooking spray.

Roll first portion of dough into rectangle and then cut into 12 equal size pieces. shape each into a ball and place into pan.

Half of the dough makes 12 large rolls, so you can make them smaller.
(I typically take the other half and make scrumptious cinnabon type rolls with it.. will post that recipe if anyone wants it)

Cover rolls and let rise in warm place 30-60 min's.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Bake 15- 18 minutes or until golden brown.
when done rub a stick of cold butter/margarine over the tops of the rolls.

these are sooo good!