Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The creepy cruds going around

Default The creepy cruds going around

Thought Id give folks a heads up on whats floating around out there.

We have seen a nasty stomach virus, it lasts longer than 24hrs and can really dehydrate you.

A upper resp. bug is hitting big time within the last week or so. It isnt H1 One of our docs told me that the testing they have been doing at the ER is showing H3N2 No H1 cases as of yet. The flu bug going around is a nasty one for some people. We have lost a few patients already.

I got it last week, it was mild for me. Im over it now [5 days total] But some folks are getting really really sick. It hits the ears too. We sent one woman out for servers jaw pain [ thought it could have been cardiac] but it was the flu bug.

Time to get that hand sanatizer out and faithfully use it in public.

There was a segment on the local news in western lower Michigan about that very thing. Some schools temporarily closed (and undergoing cleaning/sterilization) due to 30-40% of students calling-in sick. Hit and miss so far, but with so many indoor activities this time of year...

Time to get that hand sanatizer out and faithfully use it in public.
    That can't be over stressed.

stomach bug moved thru our house last week.

activated charcoal and immodium helped alot.
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.
    The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.
    Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared. John 3, Rom 10:9-10
    Children of Yahweh, He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. I Jn 4
    The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing and the plans of the peoples to no effect. Yahweh's counsel stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Ps 33

Got it in Cols, too. Tis the season . . .

I don't like the second phrase when it can go into the lungs. I'm on a daily dose of elderberry syrup, plus trying to stay away from the public as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kiawahman View Post
    There was a segment on the local news in western lower Michigan about that very thing. Some schools temporarily closed (and undergoing cleaning/sterilization) due to 30-40% of students calling-in sick. Hit and miss so far, but with so many indoor activities this time of year...

That can't be over stressed.
    I happen to be in west MI [a little north of GR]

Had it over the last week in Dec. Our whole hospital came down with it. Nasty and it knocked me on my butt for almost 5 days. The GI part took almost 2 weeks to finally resolve.

In Indiana, its the stomach bug is hitting pre-schools and spreading bad right now. But the worst thing this year (from personal, and office experience) is a nasty cold virus thing that stays forever, goes into sinus/bronchial infection, gurgly coughing, and lingers for 6+ weeks. I woke up, AGAIN, this morning with this for the third time since Labor Day. I'm just about to the "panic point" and so tired of never feeling good-and so are others that I work with.

Quote Originally Posted by janetn View Post
    I happen to be in west MI [a little north of GR]
    That's the area they showed on their news maps. We're about 70 miles south of you, no reports of it here yet, (DW is a teacher, so what goes around usually comes around).

Mid Atlantic - developed a Sinus Infection 10 days ago, went to the Dr last Sat, she said every person that morning was there for severe sinusitus. I never get Sinus infections, the sore throat was very painful. Anyway , Amoxicillin seems to be chasing it away.

Norovirus is supposedly taking off around here.

Everybody wash your hands and keep hand sanitizer in the car. Use it! Norovirus is not fun. It's the stuff that shuts down cruise ships.

I got it once 24 hours after sitting in a filthy Doctor's clinic waiting room. Dang...don't ever touch anything, and NEVER read the magazines..;)