Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Meaning of Black and White Ribbons Being Worn Tonight (SOTU Address)

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Another Color for the Lapel

"In order to use the victims of Arizona and not let this tragedy go to waste, we encourage Members, and everyone attending the State of the Union address Tuesday night to wear a black/white lapel ribbon.

"The tragic shooting on January 8th wounded our friend and colleague, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and caused the deaths of six and wounding of twelve others. The black/white ribbon has been foisted as a symbol of false unity and hope for the entire Tucson community as we milk this event for all it is worth. The white ribbon represents hope for a peaceful, nonviolent, un-armed docile society of zombies who will bend at our will. The black ribbon is in remembrance of all who have died and been used as props to further our goals, used as a result of violence.

"As the Tucson community works to heal and comes together in solidarity, Reps. McCaul and Wasserman Schultz believe it would help the democrat cause of gun control and confiscation if Members, Administration officials and others, wear these ribbons on Tuesday as a symbol of what dupes they are when it comes to our neferious plans.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...er-color-lapel

There, I fixed it.

Bad Wolf

WTH, hey arsehats, how about wearing ribbons for 33 soldiers killed by a Muslim fanatic at Ft. Hood, or the two soldiers killed by a Muslim fanatic in AR, or how about every "casualty" in the Iraqi/Afghan War.
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” - George Orwell
    Ephesians 6 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand

OMG, did you guys hear Rush today? He was going on about how the idealogy of the black and white ribbons was stolen from midgets and dwarfs who have cancer. He went on about midgets and dwarfs for a little bit. Then all at once he apologized and said he was wrong and that he was reading too fast. It wasn't midgets afterall. It was "mid gut" cancer, which apparently uses black and white ribbons for something or other.

I was laughing so hard I nearly drove into the ditch.

I laughed out loud at my desk here. Thanks!
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Coverin' My Six in Perver-City

“Shoot until the target changes shape or catches fire!”

Quote Originally Posted by sw357 View Post
    If that is explained to the numbed masses shortly before the address, it'll be just the visual-cue garnish to help set the mood for subconscious, positive reception of any nebulous gun "safety" commentary...I'll be interested to see if they pan/cut to those subtly yet repeatedly while said commentary is occurring.

/paranoia (AKA head-game experience)

I was thinking the same thing, but with an emphasis on the empty seat.

Default apologies for posting twice in short time...

.....But I just turned the TV on and the first thing that I noticed was that Barrack and Michelle are NOT wearing these ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Posheus View Post
    .....But I just turned the TV on and the first thing that I noticed was that Barrack and Michelle are NOT wearing these ribbons.
    BO is black and white already.
    I wonder what her excuse is?
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    OMG, did you guys hear Rush today? He was going on about how the idealogy of the black and white ribbons was stolen from midgets and dwarfs who have cancer. He went on about midgets and dwarfs for a little bit. Then all at once he apologized and said he was wrong and that he was reading too fast. It wasn't midgets afterall. It was "mid gut" cancer, which apparently uses black and white ribbons for something or other.

I was laughing so hard I nearly drove into the ditch.

ROTFL!!! I wish I would have listened to Rush today.