Thread: Eye Problems

Default Eye Problems

last summer i started having a problem with my left eye, there was a black spot in the center that affected my vision, with the center being dark and blurry. i had every eye test under the sun and was told i had an inflamed optic nerve and that in time it will heal itself and nothing could really be done except to try not to strain it too much by reading. (im a voracious reader, books and online--reading is a great love of my life).

i think i already posted about this, and while i have seen a bit of improvement, the double vision part is gone, and im starting to see a bit of clearing in the center of the dark spot, it is encouraging, but it still had not healed. i felt that if i had to, i could live with it as i still had one good eye. it got to be just a nuisance and i dealt with it.

well, as of yesterday, i have a dark circle spot on my right eye. its not as big as the one on my left but its there. i can still see with peripheral vision and get by. because the dark spots are not in the same location on each eye, i can sort of 'see' around them. its odd.

ive researched everything i can find about it, the majority of time it heals in time and a very few times it just doesnt. you have to live with it.

i will go back to eye doctor as soon as possible, dh is out of town til the 20th, im not sure i can drive myself, but i may have to.

if anyone has experienced this please let me know, and i ask your prayers for healing.

thanks
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

If you can, get someone to drive you and see on ophthamologist as soon as possible. You may be able to get there yourself, but with the dilation you won't be able to safely drive home.

I will keep you in prayer for complete healing.

Where is Summerthyme when we need her. That lady is very knowledgeable. Anyway make sure you go to a eye doctor that does eye surgery and cataracts etc. Not a person who just checks your eyes for glasses. Sounds to me like Macular degeneration. I am 81 and have had a dark spot that moved around but has now sunk to lower part of eye. It was a floater. I take Lutein for the eyes. Sams' carries a very good Lutein vitamin and says on the front of box for the eyes. Maybe something to look into.
    Irene
    The ant works for his food, I think God expects the same of us.

Jazzy... I hate to even mention this, and I hope your doctors have already ruled it out, but do you have any other symptoms of multiple sclerosis? I'd want to rule that out before anything else.

Are you taking any supplements? Vitamin D deficiency is now known to be related to MS symptoms, and taking high dosage supplements has prevented relapses in many people. If you can, get a blood test FIRST...Optimal levels of Vitamin D are 50-70 ng/ml. If your levels aren't in that range, taking 5000-10000 IU's of Vitamin D3 daily (take it with a bit of fatty food- ice cream, peanut butter, whatever) is likely to be beneficial.

I agree, Lutein is important for eye health. Bilberry may be even more important. I'd try something like this: http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Lutein-w...loraGlo-Lutein

Last, if you can take curcumin and piperine (be aware that piperine can change the metabolism of some meds... if you take Rx drugs, make sure to check on potential interactions first), I'd try at least 600 mgs curcumin plus 10 mgs (NO MORE) piperine daily. It's a potent anti-inflammatory combination, but without the nasty side effects of the NSAID drugs. It CAN act as a blood thinner, but that isn't a problem unless you are on Rx blood thinners, or have a clotting problem.

None of the above is meant as medical advice, but it's what I'd do, especially if they don't find anything but "idiopathic optic neuritis".

Summerthyme

Jazzy, MS hits young adults, usually white females, between the ages of late teens to late 20's early 30's. Although there have been diagnoses of other range of ages this is the "usual" age range.

I've had eye problems related to my MS but never any of these type of symptons.

That's a symptom of macular degeneration.

It can be a symptom of MG, but if she had "every eye test under the sun", they would have ruled that out...

Summerthyme

thanks so much guys, i appreciate all the input. Macular degeneration was already ruled out, and i have no symptoms of MS (i checked that real good) but havent been tested. at 57 i thought it would be ruled out.

the optometrist told me its usually from a blow to the head or some kind of injury, but i sure dont remember that happening a year ago.

summer, i take about 4ooo Vit D3 and a multi vitamin, i just started lutein 20mg. ive got some eyebright coming, i thought it might be more beneficial than the bilberry, but ill sure get the bilberry too. it was kinda hard for me to choose between the 2, i just should have ordered both! i also take a big fat B complex as the eye Dr suggested.

i cant believe i forgot about the curcumin with piperine! i have some. i dont take any meds, just some vitamins, some ibuprophin for my knees (or a tylenol) daily, and some herb teas now and then. ill start the curcumin and piperine tomorrow--inflammation, of course!

i use some homeopathic items too from time to time and ordered some cyclamen 30c and carboneum sulphuratum 30c.

DH called today and he really is worried about me and doesnt want me driving and asked if i could wait til he gets home by the 20th. the first eye dr i went to (who ive gone to for years and knows me real good) is in the old town we used to live in so ill be going to a different one this time, they are only in town on fridays so ill try to make an appointment as soon as they have an opening.

this is just so disconcerting and when the second eye got the spot it really worried me. but i feel a bit better now. im praying for my eyesight to be restored and trying to learn as much as possible and do what i can.

thank you all again, youve made me feel better. and thank you so much for the prayers, i really need them.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/