Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRSA or Shingles Symptoms?

My DH had shingles several months ago--they started around the middle of his back near his shoulder blades and traveled across his back on one side--seems like the left--and down the back of his arm almost to his elbow. It looked like hyper-chicken pox--probably because it's caused by the same bug. There were about 6 quarter-sized clumps of nasty blisters and it took several weeks for them to go away. We had no idea what it was--we were searching for bedbugs, thought it might have been poison ivy, etc. He felt bad but was still able to do most of his activities. He didn't miss any work and still did his usual daily workout most days, but it wasn't fun.
    He said to them,"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

The fact that the blisters have all been on your right side makes me suspect shingles. The pain is also indicative of shingles.

Without seeing what your talking about its hard to tell. Have your MD take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    The blisters have all been on my right side, I had a rash about six weeks ago on my right arm near my back/shoulder blade that I dismissed as being dermititis, it was crusty and felt like it was on fire but eventually went away.

K-
    When my Mom had shingles, she described them as feeling like it was on
    fire, where the rash was, Packy. Didn't clear up for years, despite
    trying a ton of remedies. You should probably see a Doctor, as some
    have said. Praying for you to feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    When my Mom had shingles, she described them as feeling like it was on
    fire, where the rash was, Packy. Didn't clear up for years, despite
    trying a ton of remedies. You should probably see a Doctor, as some
    have said. Praying for you to feel better soon.

I'm supposed to see the doc tomorrow morning but right now I really don't feel like going. I may see if I can reschedule for Monday.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.