Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civil War II - Thomas Chittum, free as NookBook

Default There kind of is, sharkman...

Quote Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
    I wish he would write an update.
    Although it's not by him, nor exactly just about the U.S.

Read The Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail. It'll make you sleep a lot worse, at least until you have more children on the way.

I wish he would write an update.
    He did an interview on 01/09/2010. I can't figure out how to link directly to his interview, but you can find it in the archive by the date.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...=7&pageSize=15

I haven't found anything more recent than this. It covers a lot of the same material as his book, but brings in some more current events. Just a warning, he lets some 4-letter words slip acouple of times and apologizes for talking like a soldier, so it may not be suitable listening for the kids.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Although it's not by him, nor exactly just about the U.S.

Read The Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail. It'll make you sleep a lot worse, at least until you have more children on the way.

Thanks Minnesota Smith. I just ordered it. I'll let you know.

Default Hm...

Thanks Minnesota Smith. I just ordered it. I'll let you know.
    You would IMO find more actual use in any of these books:

Rawle's book on prepping;
    P.A. Sorokin's 1942 Man and Society in Calamity;
    America Alone by Mark Steyn;
    Joel Skousen's Strategic Relocation.

Raspail's book is good for directly outlining just how far it can go, if you have any DGI left in you (that doesn't want you to relocate to the northern Rockies states).

I just finished The Camp of the Saints. Certainly wasn't an enjoyable book to read. I wonder if Americans are as stupidly pc as the French in Raspail's novel. Certainly our government is, but I don't think the people are. And if Marine Le Pen can possible beat Sarkozy for second spot in the first round of the presidential election, the French of today may not be as pc as those of the 1970s, either.

One thing that disturbed me was that even those who were willing to fight didn't fight to win. They seemed to prefer a quick death to a hard struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakingup View Post
    I just finished The Camp of the Saints. Certainly wasn't an enjoyable book to read. I wonder if Americans are as stupidly pc as the French in Raspail's novel. Certainly our government is, but I don't think the people are. And if Marine Le Pen can possible beat Sarkozy for second spot in the first round of the presidential election, the French of today may not be as pc as those of the 1970s, either.

One thing that disturbed me was that even those who were willing to fight didn't fight to win. They seemed to prefer a quick death to a hard struggle.
    Reading it now.

We know the position of the US gov on the issue in question in the book. I'd say the American people are split three ways: 1/3 are as PC as Raspail's Frenchmen, 1/3 are not, and 1/3 are living in the clouds and won't have an opinion until it is too late.

I think you are right on the French of today and the PC issue. In fact the winds of multi-culturalism seem to have changed in much of Europe. As the global economy continues to go south, I see European political correctness also declining.