Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
In all seriousness, and truly without any malice, why not simply adopt? I am of the belief you will be harming the mother that carry's this child. I don't care what she feels right now. After she has that child, she will never ever forgive herself for giving it away.

For me, this is really a tragedy full of good intention. Sorry.
Because I don't believe in it for myself. For me, that would be voluntarily making myself a cuckold, the human equivalent of avian victims of cowbirds, magpies, whydahs, and other brood parasites. Think of a house that you have to pay the mortgage on, maintain, can visit, but you can never stay the night. That's how adoption would feel for me.

I am aware that many people feel differently than I do. And, I understand well the social utility in stably-married heterosexual couples adopting.

Oh, and healthy white infants are few are far between WRT adoption in the U.S. post-Roe vs. Wade, and nearly as expensive to obtain as what we're doing. (Adopting an 8-YO black crack baby with lots of "special needs" I wouldn't consider doing at gunpoint.) And, I have some pretty good genes that I believe are a public service to pass on.