Thread: Paid egg donor wanted

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Paid egg donor wanted

Hi, everyone. My wife and I (a fellow TOL member who rarely posts) are ready to start our family. Problem is, she's infertile. We intend to do an IVF pregnancy with a gestational surrogate. We have settled upon the surrogate and fertility clinic (surrogate and I just went there, and both of us fully checked out).

Our main obstacle at this point is the egg donor. We're having an oddly difficult time finding an appropriate one for us. We want a genetic (natural) redhead so any children will look like like our natural offspring, Caucasian (nonHispanic) and for her to be under age 25. Per standard industry practice for this, she would have to be in good health, a nonsmoker, no genetic diseases like Cystic Fibrosis or Tay-Sachs in her family, and free of STDs and blood-borne illnesses such as Hepatitis.

Compensation for her time and trouble will be at least $4K, with a fair amount of free medical checkups and all her expenses covered. There would be at least one brief trip to North Texas necessary.

This whole thing would not affect her ability to have children in the future in the slightest. (According to at least one source, it might improve it slightly.) No laws of any applicable state will be broken during this endeavor; we are using the services of a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing. Plus, the young lady could do this again every 3 months for several years (for other couples), if she were so inclined. (Once an egg donor is proven, the agencies pay higher compensation.) Three doctor visits for $4K+ isn't bad compensation IMO, and works out well for students in particular. Many egg donors are medical-career-field oriented, so it can't be bad for them, or they wouldn't do it.

My wife and I are Christian (if pro-choice). If we succeed in our quest to have a family together, she will both nurse while being a stay-at-home mother, and we will homeschool. I already know to get the Robinson Curriculum and Saxon Math, have lots of ideas on good age-appropriate Christian/conservative/Constitutionalist books to stock their library with from an early age, want to get science-oriented placemats/wallposters, can't wait to take our child to museums and libraries, intend to be a Boy Scout/Heritage Girls adult leader if we're blessed with a child who takes after my love of the outdoors, etc.

Meeting or not meeting my wife and I would be up to the egg donor. We would have to be able to view several adult photos, but otherwise full, permanent anonymity is available if she wants it. (The clinic can serve as a permanently confidential intermediary.)

If you think you know someone who might be interested in this, please PM me. (People opposed to this, please do my wife and I the courtesy of lambasting us all you want openly on the board, not clogging up my PM box.)
    Last edited by MinnesotaSmith; 02-15-2011 at 08:11 PM.