Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Paid egg donor wanted

Default Jazzyfizzle, it's apparent...

That you didn't fully READ my earlier posts to which you're
    (over)reacting.

1) With respect to my assessment that many people will rapidly dye once things fall apart (SHTF) who are diabetics requiring insulin, hemophiliacs needing periodic blood transfusions, oxygen-tank-dependent emphysema/lung cancer/asbestosis/black lung sufferers, kidney failure patients requiring frequent dialysis, past organ transplant recipients that must take antirejection drugs the rest of their lives, severely autistic children that must be watched 24/7 so they don't take action that gets them killed or severely injured (post-SHTF, same thing), pacemaker/antifibrillator-dependent heart disease sufferers, etc.:

Awareness of what will likely happen is NOT the same thing as advocacy. I don't wish that those things would happen, and would not consider doing anything to bring them about. Neither do I think that those sad outcomes are generally going to be avoidable for very long. (If you think that a deep, longterm breakdown in social order, technology, electrical power generation, trade, travel, and the economy is not going to have those kinds of effects upon the vulnerable, feel free to describe how just this once, social disaster will work differently than it essentially always has.)
    I have said nothing on this subject here that is reprehensible to anyone that thinks all the way through it. Neither are my words controversial to anyone who's considered doom for any length of time, i.e., the majority of long-time TTOL board members.

================================================== ===
    About my other point you lost it over, the (quick, simple, cheap, noninjurious) paternity test I will do the child or children our IVF/gestational surrogate project will likely bear for us to raise:

1) Since my wife is not directly biologically involved until birth (when she begins nursing and the majority of care), it is not a test of her honor in any way. It is a (partial) test of the clinic doing what it is supposed to do; they do screw up in somewhere between 1/1000 and 1/10,000 cases. I mentioned to her that people on TTOL found this particular part of our planning offensive, and she was amused; if she doesn't have an issue with finding it offensive, logically how could anyone else?

2) you obviously did NOT read my earlier post on this thread about this subject. I will repost it here, so you don't have to go to the trouble of clicking back a couple of pages:

================================================== ====
    ================================================== ====

"The massive amount of sexual betrayal that women have gotten by with doing for a long time that commonly never, or very belatedly gets found out by men is still a huge dirty secret to most people in this country. Easily half of all rape accusations that go to trial were bogus, for example; remember the four members of the Duke University lacrosse team who were railroaded, and only major money spent on investigation by their families (that most such men would not have) stopped them from felony conviction and long imprisonment? The vast majority of men who get cuckolded by their wives or longtime unmarried partners (who bore children supposedly theirs genetically) are completely blindsided by it, if they do by some fluke find out about it years later, even very intelligent men.

I don't have the hubris to think that my ability to discern other people's likely private moral choices in such matters is that much better than the vast majority of other bright, educated men. That is why I would think very highly of ALL men doing paternity testing on their children, ideally shortly after birth, but certainly ASAP after hearing of this, even later in life.

Modern technology has made possible stopping a lot of injustice, if applied properly. Think of all the hundreds of men serving long sentences for rape that DNA testing has recently gotten released, as just one example of this. One of the fundamental axioms of justice is that the one who does wrong is not supposed to profit by it. A woman who gets by fraud one man (commonly her husband) to support and raise another man's child (thinking it is his genetic child) is precisely a person who has done wrong. That is a deep, terrible betrayal, one that demands be brought to the light of day whenever possible, and the option for the betrayed people of inflicting (legal, financial, and social) consequences upon the betrayer.

=================================================

From this defunct men's-issues site: http://web.archive.org/web/200807020...ity_test.shtml

"From the Guardian, 1998-07-14: "More than 25 years ago the consultant obstetrician E E Phillipp reported to a symposium on embryo transfer that blood tests on between 200 and 300 women in a town in the south-east of England revealed that 30 per cent of their children could not have been fathered by the men whose blood groups had also been sampled".

From the Dallas Morning News 1999-10-31: "DNA Diagnostics Center … an industry leader, says 30 percent of the men it tests prove to be misidentified. Similar numbers come from the Texas attorney general's office, which enforces child support: About a quarter of the men who disputed paternity in the last year turned out to be right. In Florida, the proportion was one-third".

From the Sunday Times 2000-01-23: "David Hartshorne, spokesman for Cellmark, said that in about one case in seven, the presumed father turns out to be the wrong man".

From the Santa Barbara News-Press 2000-02-27: "For the population as a whole, "The generic number used by us is 10 percent," said Dr. Bradley Popovich, vice president of the American College of Medical Genetics. [15 to 25 % has been determined from blood tests of parents and offspring in Canada and the US.]"

From The Age 2000-03-26: "About 3000 paternity tests are carried out a year in Australia. In about 20 per cent of cases the purported father is found to be unrelated to the child. This figure is estimated to be 10 per cent in the general community".

From The REPORT Newsmagazine 2000-04-24: "The rate of wrongful paternity in "stable monogamous marriages," according to the Max Planck Institute in Munich, Germany, ranges from one in 10 with the first child to one in four with the fourth".

From the Independent 2000-05-12: "... biologists Robin Baker and Mark Bellis ... review of paternity studies also suggested frequent infidelity, with extra-pair paternity running between 1.4 per cent and 30 per cent in different communities".

From The Globe and Mail 2000-05-20: "Anecdotal evidence suggests these numbers bear out in Canada as well…. Maxxam Analytics in Guelph, Ont., performs approximately two paternity tests a day. And according to Dr. Wayne Murray, head of the human DNA"

========================================

Default Hi, AngelDance...

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDance View Post
    Determining that men have higher IQs than women is an exercise in futility, as most people (men and women) go their entire lives without taking an IQ test (and I am not speaking about internet ones).

MS, I hope you get everything you want since you are so determined to control everything.
    God is bigger than you. He may have other plans.

Angel (one of those women whose IQ is lower than men's, according to you)
    I did not say, and would not say, that women overall have lower IQs than do men. Their average is apparently pretty close to that of men, quite possibly within the margin of error.

Rather, women's intelligence tends towards the mean far more so than does men's. Both exhibit bell-shaped curves in this matter. However, women's curve is far less flat than is men's. That is, most idiots and morons are men, just as most unusually bright people are also male. The odds of someone with an IQ over 140 being male conservatively exceed 4:1, and at the genius level (160+), the ratio easily exceeds 10:1.

The primary reason for this is that extra half chromosome women bear. It acts as a dampening agent, making being outliers in many areas less likely for those with it. Good or bad, like it or don't like it, that's how it is.

There probably are some other causes for this. Women are observably more affected by what in Psychology is termed Field Direction, or tendency towards thinking and acting like other people they know. The science of it is still young, and research into it is hardly encouraged in these days of screeching Stalinist political correctness.

This is all separate from the issues of women appropriately having or not having the franchise, or belonging in positions of political power. (One of the more amusing and cogent arguments I've heard against the desirability of Hillary Clinton becoming President, is "do you really want someone with a history of susceptibility to PMS [and comparable moods swings] having control of nuclear weapons?". Put like that...

Default Agreed 100%, dilligaf...

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    i wouldnt adopt a kid nowadays under any circumstances.. kids available for adoption nowadays overwhelmingly come from drug addicts,parents with mental issues etc.

the last thing i would want when starting a new family would be to do it with someone elses demon spawn.. at least the way MS is starting his family the odds are greatly reduced that said child will be born with serious genetic mental imbalances..
    The former East Bloc and the Third World are notorious for disporportionately sending severely messed-up children to Westerners that wish to adopt them, their equivalent of crack babies. Not with a 10' pole and were I a millionaire would I touch one of those...

================================================== ===

Emily, like most "La la la"ers, you twist the fricking language into meaninglessness. "Preborn"? "Pre" = already, as in "prepaid" = "already paid". We're talking about entities that have not yet been born, or finished coming into (full) existence, like an idea or project that was born. ""Born" = "come into existence". If you don't fully understand a word, you should look it up in a dictionary before you use it in speech or writing. Elementary-age schooling usually tells everyone this.

You must have read George Orwell's book 1984 and thought the Ministry of Truth was your idea of heaven on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Emily, like most "La la la"ers, you twist the fricking language into meaninglessness. "Preborn"? "Pre" = already, as in "prepaid" = "already paid". We're talking about entities that have not yet been born, or finished coming into (full) existence, like an idea or project that was born. ""Born" = "come into existence". If you don't fully understand a word, you should look it up in a dictionary before you use it in speech or writing. Elementary-age schooling usually tells everyone this.

You must have read George Orwell's book 1984 and thought the Ministry of Truth was your idea of heaven on Earth.
    You can twist it any way you want, but you have NO PROOF!
    Only your opinion that makes it convenient for you to kill any child who is not convenient for you.

God will not be mocked.

Having carried 2 children I knew them before they were born and their personalities before they were born were the same as after they were born. The knew my voice (which means they developed memory while preborn) and there is much more scientific evidence that there is NO DIFFERENCE between the child before they are born and after, just a difference in how they breathe and eat.

One day, God will explain it to you and you will be sorry you decided, without evidence, that you condone killing His babies.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Default Emily...

When you acquire a Bible that includes the books of Proverbs and Corinthians (to say nothing of Acts and Romans), then you can conceivably lecture me on the nature of Christianity. Oops, not even then, given what God says about moral women's behavior there...

When you acquire a Bible that includes the books of Proverbs and Corinthians (to say nothing of Acts and Romans), then you can conceivably lecture me on the nature of Christianity. Oops, not even then, given what God says about moral women's behavior there...
    LOL Someone who has decided that it is okay to kill one of God's most innocent and helpless of His creations is going to lecture me on morals?

I don't think so.

And before you try to claim that God puts men over women, think again. None of His word puts a man who is not godly over any other human being, man, woman, or child.

Jesus died for those He loved, He didn't murder anyone or condone murder.

As for Paul's statements, he was speaking in a cultural setting. Scripture does not conflict with scripture.

Please don't use the Bible as your tool to lord yourself over women and children.

God is not mocked.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

I would say that if you think that those of us with health or disability concerns haven't considered ramifications of those, I would say you are grossly short sighted.

Am I going to prepare as well as I can to hopefully survive through whatever I possibly can, absolutely. Would I do what I could to help loving, caring people with a disability over someone like you? With the last bit I had.

Yes, I read your posts. Like I said, I pray people like you are far away from my family.
    I hope you are not considered the norm for this group, if so, I won't be staying around.

Default Jazzyfizzle, sigh...

"I would say that if you think that those of us with health or disability concerns haven't considered ramifications of those, I would say you are grossly short sighted."

Your post sounded like just that.

"Would I do what I could to help loving, caring people with a disability over someone like you?"

People like me are no threat to the disabled WTSHTF. Nonpreppers are to some degree, but REALITY is the main threat to them.

"I hope you are not considered the norm for this group, if so, I won't be staying around."

Don't worry. Honest, intellectually-courageous, competent thinkers are rather few these days. We're easy to not live near, not that we cause problems for anyone that doesn't deserve them (e.g, shooting burglars in self-defense).

[quote=MinnesotaSmith;1418390]That you didn't fully READ my earlier posts to which you're
    (over)reacting.

quote]

You never get to decide how I react to anything. Likewise, you do not get to decide if I would be under-reacting, reacting, or overracting.
    Not your version of an acceptable scuffled over wife sitting here, sorry guy.

Don't worry. Honest, intellectually-courageous, competent thinkers are rather few these days. We're easy to not live near, not that we cause problems for anyone that doesn't deserve them.

You do not sound like any of those things. Frankly, you sound like a hater.