Thread: From Pentecost at Sinai to Pentecost at Jerusalem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Which if you bothered to read the Torah, you'd know that teaching all nations about YHWH was a commandment all the way back then, too. People act like the gospel was this "new thing", when really, it goes all the way back to the Garden. "Have faith in YHWH, trust and obey Him, and be saved" is the theme of the entire Scriptures, not just the NT.

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Huh? From a child he has known?

Hey...what Scriptures were around then?

Romans 2
    14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Actually has nothing whatsoever to do with my post, but hey...whatever, em!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Actually has nothing whatsoever to do with my post, but hey...whatever, em!
    Yes, it does. If the gentiles knew the law of God naturally then they 'know the scriptures' that are important to God from childhood.
    2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Huh? From a child he has known?

Hey...what Scriptures were around then?
    The scriptures to make one wise unto Salvation is available to every human being no matter where they live or access to the Bible or else God would judge those who reject His gift unjustly.

But Romans 1 tells us that No One Has an Excuse.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Yes, it does. If the gentiles knew the law of God naturally then they 'know the scriptures' that are important to God from childhood.

The scriptures to make one wise unto Salvation is available to every human being no matter where they live or access to the Bible or else God would judge those who reject His gift unjustly.

That is the biggest load of copout I think I've ever read. Nowhere in the history of anything has the human conscience/natural law been referred to as "Holy Scriptures".

If you stretch any farther you're gonna strain something.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    That is the biggest load of copout I think I've ever read. Nowhere in the history of anything has the human conscience/natural law been referred to as "Holy Scriptures".

If you stretch any farther you're gonna strain something.
    Do you honestly think that the 'Holy Scriptures' were WRITTEN down in the garden of Eden? For the people who were wiped out by the flood and yet were judged? Is God unjust because He judged people who didn't have these 'Holy Scriptures' to read?

When were the 'Holy Scriptures' written down then?

Was it available to Sodom and Gomorrah?

You folks are trying to box God in and rely far too heavily on man's contribution to God's plan by having to write things down on paper to be valid.

My first search online came up with this response. Do you have an earlier date?

Moses wrote the Torah - first five books of the Bible at the direct command of God around 1500 BC.I believe Isaiah and Jeremiah also received specific instruction to write down their prophecies.......

Do you honestly think that the 'Holy Scriptures' were WRITTEN down in the garden of Eden? For the people who were wiped out by the flood and yet were judged? Is God unjust because He judged people who didn't have these 'Holy Scriptures' to read?

When were the 'Holy Scriptures' written down then?

Was it available to Sodom and Gomorrah?

You folks are trying to box God in and rely far too heavily on man's contribution to God's plan by having to write things down on paper to be valid.

My first search online came up with this response. Do you have an earlier date?

Moses wrote the Torah - first five books of the Bible at the direct command of God around 1500 BC.I believe Isaiah and Jeremiah also received specific instruction to write down their prophecies.......
    You are absolutely all over the place. Nobody said anything about the Garden of Eden or any of what you just said.

All I said was that "the Holy Scriptures" refers to written words, and always has, and has NEVER been used to refer to the implanted human conscience. The End.

Yeah...even for you that was quite a stretch of the imagination there, em.

What you are saying is that Timothy, as a child, had no written Scriptures; nor his parents...but his understanding came purely as "natural" law.

Gotta call strong BS on that one. But, it has taught me something about your understanding of the Scriptures.

We'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Yeah...even for you that was quite a stretch of the imagination there, em.

What you are saying is that Timothy, as a child, had no written Scriptures; nor his parents...but his understanding came purely as "natural" law.

Gotta call strong BS on that one. But, it has taught me something about your understanding of the Scriptures.

We'll leave it at that.
    No, we won't leave it at that.

What do the initials BS stand for there Al? Is that they way someone who claims that they are following God's will speaks?

Either people who never have the Bible to read are able to be saved or only those who have the Bible to read can be saved.

Which is it Al?

Romans 1 says: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

This idea that only those who had the scriptures had knowledge of God's will and law is contrary to what the scripture says.

No, we won't leave it at that.

What do the initials BS stand for there Al? Is that they way someone who claims that they are following God's will speaks?

Either people who never have the Bible to read are able to be saved or only those who have the Bible to read can be saved.

Which is it Al?

Romans 1 says: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

This idea that only those who had the scriptures had knowledge of God's will and law is contrary to what the scripture says.
    The BS comes in when you say that this clear teaching:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the Holy ScripturesG1121

G1121
    γράμμα
    gramma
    gram'-mah
    From G1125; a writing, that is, a letter, note, epistle, book, etc.; plural learning: - bill, learning, letter, scripture, writing, written.

relates to "natural" law.

Clearly you are in error...thus the BS.

Sorry you cannot defend your position about it.