Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best winch for the money??

Default best winch for the money??

i am leaning towards a warn M8000 to go on a toyota truck..

the winch will not be used heavily,mostly to assist me when getting up firewood, and gettin in and outta hairy places while doin the same.. but it wont be used more than a few times a year for that purpose..
    i tend to buy the "best" if i can but in this case the "best" is WAY outta my price range.. would like to keep it under 700 bucks..

would love to hear others thoughts on this..

Will this one work?
    Personal Responsibility, Take It, It's Yours

Default wench

Will this one work?
    That model would be OK to have as back up, but I don't think it would get firewood out of the timber very well. Of course it would give you something to occupy your time while waiting for a tow truck . Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    Will this one work?
    umm,, if i had that,, well um,, i believe i would simply have too much wood..

sunny225 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    umm,, if i had that,, well um,, i believe i would simply have too much wood..

I don't think the pictured winch could be had for 700.00. Although I have nothing helpful to ad, I am trying to keep to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by myglock19 View Post
    I don't think the pictured winch could be had for 700.00. Although I have nothing helpful to ad, I am trying to keep to the OP.
    OP? What OP? There was an OP?
    We are fast approaching the stage of ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do as it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission. - Ayn Rand

Stick with a Ramsey or Warn---they are pricey and if you are not going to use them much they may not seem worth it, however the occasional time you do want it you want it to actually work.

I've been thinking about getting one but it a couple times a year I learn more amazing thing you can do with a a come-along and a hi-lfft jack
    The truth of all predictions is always in your hands.

Yes by all means stick with Warn or Ramsey they have been around a long time and will back their products. The other wench that was posted looks to be high maintenance, and may tend to whine to much when put in use. Besides, I have used pulling shoes on my horses in the woods and they don't do well so I can only imagine how those stilettos would work out.

lol, thanks for reaffirming my train of thought folks.. i really dont see 550 bucks all that pricey for a tool that will last me he rest of my life. its going to cost nearly that much for a bumper to put it on.. that is what i am having a hard time wrapping my brain around..

and no i dont have any welding equipment and wouldnt know what to do with it if i did.. nor do i know anyone that does.. so that means i am gonna have to pay dearly for someones time..