Thread: When should I take my money out of the bank?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I understand your post, you only put enough in the bank to cover a check for a specific purchase? So, are you making that purchase within a few days? Write the check and don't worry about it.

The odds of something happening in the 24 hour (or whatever) period between when you write the check and when it goes through your account is pretty tiny... and I can't see the bank refusing to honor the check. And if they do, because the entire banking system has collapsed- you've already gotten your purchase in hand, so what are they going to do? Sue you for writing a "hot" check? Doubtful... the courts would have five million cases, and that's not going to fly.

I'm not saying that at some point it's not likely that the dollar will collapse and bank accounts will close. It probably will happen... but in the meantime, most of us have to do business as usual, and worrying about a temporary deposit or worrying constantly (which we'd have to do, as our accounts are always in use for the basic farm cash flow) seems silly.

Summerthyme

Default call it silly, but

this is why I actually kind of like credit cards.
    You buy whatever with them, every 2 weeks on payday you deposit enough money to immediately pay off credit cards & other necessary bills.
    The remainder is soon converted to food, silver, or other preps, minus a little cash allowance for daily expenses.
    Don't have to leave more money than absolutely necessary sitting in the bank losing value or waiting to be revalued/replaced.
    When SHTF I could care less if I have the ability to pay the credit cards or not, if the banks are on holiday & the internet is off, that's the least of my worries.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."
    - -
    Progressive liberalism is a disease, a plague. Like a disease, you cannot bargain with it, you cannot compromise with it, you cannot break it down through force of logic, & there is no cure. Indeed, like the plague, you can only terminate the infected hosts & hope to prevent its spread.