Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When should I take my money out of the bank?

Default call it silly, but

this is why I actually kind of like credit cards.
    You buy whatever with them, every 2 weeks on payday you deposit enough money to immediately pay off credit cards & other necessary bills.
    The remainder is soon converted to food, silver, or other preps, minus a little cash allowance for daily expenses.
    Don't have to leave more money than absolutely necessary sitting in the bank losing value or waiting to be revalued/replaced.
    When SHTF I could care less if I have the ability to pay the credit cards or not, if the banks are on holiday & the internet is off, that's the least of my worries.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."
    - -
    Progressive liberalism is a disease, a plague. Like a disease, you cannot bargain with it, you cannot compromise with it, you cannot break it down through force of logic, & there is no cure. Indeed, like the plague, you can only terminate the infected hosts & hope to prevent its spread.

N-o-w!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne In TN View Post
    After hearing about China and India dropping the dollar from their trading, I got to thinking, "What does that mean for the stability of my money in the bank?" Then I realized that for now, all that will happen is that the dollar will be losing more value faster. Then I wonder, "How much faster? Then I am wondering, just "what will trigger a run on the banks and will we folks who stay joined at the hip to our doomer forums, like this one, know to run and get our money out before everyone else or, will the banks just quietly and secretivly close for a 'bank holiday' with no warning to the semi insiders like us?"

I put some money in there recently to pay for a large ticket item with a check. I'd rather pay by check but am nervous about having the cash sitting in such a vulnerable spot. If I pay by cash, I feel like I won't have as good a receipt.

If you have extra money, put some into silver. We don't have extra flow, as most of it goes to buying food and paying bills.

If anyone has a 401k, cash that thing out, and buy some gold, silver, food, ammo, and anything to help you live off the grid, if you got that kind of flow. If Lindsey Williams is on the money like he has been for a while, the dollar will die next year, if not sooner.

The cancer to America's money is the Federal Reserve. The value of the dollar started going down ever since it's inception in 1913.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Better to be a year too early than a day too late. Get moving.

You can take that money and buy food
    Or you can buy ammo
    Ammo is easier to sell if TSHTF does not happen
    With the petro chemical situation in such peril, I'd go for food!
    Beans/rice and veg oil!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim31-8 View Post
    It depends on how much $$ you have in the bank.
    If it's under 10K you shouldn't have too much problem,if a substantial amount,smaller withdrawls over time would probably be better.
    DON"T tell anyone who doesn't need to know your decision.
    My.02.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

+1 !

I take money out every time I go to town Lots of money!
    Interest lost?
    .07%
    pennys!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

while we are on the subject, help me figure something out. In a SHTF scenario, I will not have the ability to BO so I am prepared to make a go of it where I live now.

Looking forward past a currency crash, if we are fortunate enough to have a new well backed currency established in place of FRN's, what happens to previous debt do you think? In particular, a mortgage. Would my mortgage contract allow for a "conversion" of the debt on a pro rata basis to the new currency? I ask, because I am conflicted about paying off my mortgage, paying with inflated dollars always seemed the right thing to do, but now I'm not so sure. In my case, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Breeze View Post
    while we are on the subject, help me figure something out. In a SHTF scenario, I will not have the ability to BO so I am prepared to make a go of it where I live now.

Looking forward past a currency crash, if we are fortunate enough to have a new well backed currency established in place of FRN's, what happens to previous debt do you think? In particular, a mortgage. Would my mortgage contract allow for a "conversion" of the debt on a pro rata basis to the new currency? I ask, because I am conflicted about paying off my mortgage, paying with inflated dollars always seemed the right thing to do, but now I'm not so sure. In my case, what would you do?
    Argentina.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

When the revolution hits Saudi Arabia and the oil fields are abaze run to the bank and take out everything.

David
    My website: Sound An Alarm
    www.soundanalarm.net

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)