Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When should I take my money out of the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne In TN View Post
    When should I take my money out of the bank?
    The answer to this is the same as the answer to the question;

When should I tell my wife I love her?

Answer: Before someone else does!

- Shane

THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION!

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!
    When An ill Wind Blows From Afar!
    (Overseas Fallout)

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

I gave up trying to be my own God a long time ago. I don't have anything that I don't figure He can use any way He wants. Yeah, I guess I now have more faith in Him knowing what's best for me and my family than I'm able to.

If the banks "run out" of money, it won't be because there's not enough.

Anybody who thinks the government is struggling really needs to watch The Corporation Nation. Then you'll realize it's them hoarding against us - not the other way around like they're trying to convince us of.

Quote Originally Posted by tsimitpo View Post
    i gave up trying to be my own god a long time ago. I don't have anything that i don't figure he can use any way he wants. Yeah, i guess i now have more faith in him knowing what's best for me and my family than i'm able to.

If the banks "run out" of money, it won't be because there's not enough.

Anybody who thinks the government is struggling really needs to watch the corporation nation. Then you'll realize it's them hoarding against us - not the other way around like they're trying to convince us of.
    cafr ?

Realistically there is no reason to have more $$$ in a checking account than you
    need to cover ongoing expenses. And no need to have a savings account. With
    current interest rates paid to depositors any money sitting in an account is actually
    losing value. Money in the bank and Fed Reserve Notes in your safe or buried in
    your yard in a mason jar are essentially the same....both are subject to devaluation
    and obsolescence overnight with the stroke of a pen. Any assets you have either
    in a bank or in the form of current paper dollars can have their value destroyed at
    will by TPTB. You must keep your savings in a form the government cannot devalue.

One more vote for "yesterday."

We keep no more in the checking account than it takes to cover normal bills. IMHO you should have enough green folding cash on hand to cover at least one months bills (everything- utilities, mortgage, groceries, everything) - and up to three months bills at the outside if you can manage that much, as far as cash is concerned. There may come a relatively short time when cash will work but nothing else will- thus the advice to have some cash on hand.

Everything else needs to be put into something that won't lose value as the fiat dollar is created into infinity. Food, ammo, silver, doesn't matter what, but something useful...

JMHO, YMMV-

C
    Lost colonist

"Liberty is what we stand for. Liberty is what we champion. Liberty will prevail." - Jeff Cooper, "Cooper's Commentaries," Vol. 12 #1, January 2004 - http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/jeff12.pdf

LISTEN! Jordan Page - "Liberty" (Acoustic version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bitxwy6okn4

When should I take my money out of the bank?
    Yesterday.
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7777&dateline=1296255  909 Just exactly WHEN, is the law so corrupted that it is immoral to obey it ?
    Citizens of Nazi Germany failed to answer that question correctly. Will the citizens of 21stCentury America do the same ?
    Or will they regain control of their government before it is too late ?